Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Design Feedback - sketchup

okorpheus

I've been waiting to have some spare time to play with sketchup and finally had it today. I haven't done much with sketchup or stage design and thought I'd see if anyone here was willing to give some feedback. PDF and sketchup file attached.

Round count: 24

Targets: 8 metric, 8 steel plates

Start position: hands on any of the 3 sets of Xs

sketchup file: http://www.mattyoung.us/dontbeasquare.skp

DontBeASquare.pdf

Edited by okorpheus

When designing stages, you will get into a mindset that shooters will always shoot the stage like you designed it. Example: you have forward most targets set to be shot from end of shooting areas...yet someone will go to first open spot between walls and shoot 3 if not all four froward targets (from one spot). You'll need to put barrels or no-shoots to prevent that and ensure you force the shooters to go to each end.

The stage is ok, but I don't really like symmetrical stages.

That was intended to be left as an option. In my mind, I thought it would make shooters decide between taking a longer shot across the square, or going around to not risk hitting a no shoot, though I'm not sure it's a long enough shot to force that decision. Not sure if having that option risks making a 360 trap as well. My thinking was limited shooters would probably stop in the middle, whereas production shooters would decide to take the opposite sides, reload and take the steel from the middle, or shoot side targets on one side, opposite steel, then reloading while going across for other side paper and remaining steel.

yea, just remember...what you "intend" is usually not what the shooters do...they will game the heck out of your stages to save time and shoot holes in them...no pun intended.