Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2017 at 6:41 PM, sheepdog said:

At $419 on those, a bit too close to a whole gun price.  Really thinking Apex will be a better product for the money or close...that would appeal to me.  I don't like how loose the factory slides are on the frame inserts much less the possibility of barrel related accuracy problems.

Old post but I just picked one up for less than $340.

https://grabagun.com/smith-and-wesson-m-p-pc-slide-kit-9mm-5-prt-nms.html

Cheapest I've seen right there.  Getting there on cost, but now looking at the 2.0 guns and still watching for Apex.  Wonder if they can get close to that?  I'm in no hurry.

• 2 weeks later...

The fit on my M&P9FS 4.25” frame was the same fit as if it came with it and performance was just as expected. The kit doesn’t come with a recoil spring. I purchased a 13# recoil spring and non-captured 5” guide rod. In the end I’m very happy with the outcome and put over 800rds through it.

I will add that the reason I didn’t buy a complete M&PPC Core was because “all” the Performance Center guns I looked at had a trigger pull that was not what I expected, and was not even close to the feel that my M&P9FS had when I first bought it.

Here’s a picture of the gun after coming off the range. Dirty but its the only one I have right now.
a2d1b16533a7909f872f3677a93f5416.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice if they offered this slide without the ported barrel. That barrel essentially makes the whole kit useless for competition unless you buy a non-ported barrel and in that case, you might as well buy a whole new pistol. 

That's what I did. Bought the Apex barrel. My problem with the ported barrel is the sights get covered with powder after about 20 rounds. 

IMG_4297.PNG

Edited by ramnj

• 2 weeks later...

Getting worried now ... With the 2.0 pistols out ... and being pushed out pretty well with aggressive pricing/incentives etc.

It seems like a foolish endeavor for any business to invest too much time in the development and production of a "long slide" for an obsolete pistol (1.0 M&P)

Hopefully ... it won't be such a big deal to get them out for both ... (perhaps nothing different other than the machining for the slide stop) ... and ... I hope my worries are completely unfounded as there are slides being produced for early generations of Glocks etc. Perhaps the base of 1.0s out there is sufficient to make it worth their while.  

• 3 weeks later...
That's what I did. Bought the Apex barrel. My problem with the ported barrel is the sights get covered with powder after about 20 rounds. 

IMG_4297.thumb.PNG.30f2a5e419495dab010f708bdbe06643.PNG
Yep they get filthy, I have a deltapoint so fortunately I don't rely on or even notice my front sight.