Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy bulk ammo in minnesota?

I previously used Freedom Munitions for ammo, the prices where decent especially if you could wait for a sale to pop up. The shipping time could range anywhere from "wow that was quick!" to "what the hell is this box on my porch, I haven't ordered anything for a month" though.

Sgammo, target sport usa, Natchez shooters just to name a few. Get on their email lists and wait for sales. Ammo is finally coming back around. I reload for everything but 223, for the amount I shoot in 3gun it's just easier to buy a case every now and then as opposed to dealing with brass prep. Check prices on ammoseek or gunbot.

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, superluckycat said:

SGAmmo, Target Sports.  I've shot 10K+ of Freedom Munitions before I started reloading with no major issues.

I've ordered from sg ammo before and they are great folks.

based on reviews and my own experience I MIGHT shoot FM if it was free but only for practice.

14 minutes ago, Schultztec said:

I just went through 1k rounds without an issue, why do you say it's garbage ?

Aside from the fact you can read countless reviews of the 5.56 stuff blowing up rifles I won a box of 9mm at a match and the entire box of 50 did not have the bell removed. Plus the bullets were sunk into the cases to varying degrees. Throw in the stepped junk and now steel cases that look like brass and that should about cover it

I like palmetto state armory.  If you watch them they have some pretty good sales and do free shipping.  If you get the sale and the free shipping the prices are hard to beat.  Depending on how much you shoot you should really consider reloading.  It can be a large initial investment but it will pay off quick if you shoot a lot.

• 10 months later...

Sportsman's guide and SG ammo get most of my rifle ammo money. I have been using the wolf gold 55gr 223 for 3gun for a few thousand rounds at about $309 or less now per 1k. If you shoot competitive stand 1 armory has 9mm "chubbies" that are fantastic for $203 per 1k. Minimum PF and excellent quality. I have been thru 6k of those with 0 issues. Also ammoseek.com as mentioned is a good place to find great deals sometimes. 

I order from LAXammo all the time. Multiple thousands of rounds of theirs through my 223, 9 and 45s. I used freedom for a while but their quality control doesn't seem to be tight. I had some freedom that worked flawlessly that I had a whole shipment that was trash. LAX seems to be a good mix of inexpensive but good quality. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have taught a bunch of classes for women with Sig 's  I always tell them to buy Precision Delta reloads ..... Prices are good and shipping no problem. 9mm and 40 no problem thousands of rounds down range