Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wrong way Ghost walk through

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being sinister (left handed!) is one thing, intentionally deceiving your fellow shooters is another.

I actually enjoy talking strategy/planning with my squad-mates and would never offer anything but my best thoughts on how to shoot a stage. Some folks don't like to share ideas, and that is fine...but for the most part people enjoy kibitzing about their plan vs your plan vs the best way to shoot the stage.

I agree if you want to improve one thing that helps is learning & working with other shooters. May not get that far working to mess with other shooters. If you have that much time you ain't doing it right anyway.

i may stop walking through if i've found something i think others haven't just so that i can sit on the info and see if anyone else catches it. that's about it.

unintentionally i've not helped people, sorry Bobby!, by answering a question with my initial stage plan (which was totally wrong and against the wsb) but didn't think to update them when i made a newer, better one. they shot with my discarded plan and zeroed the stage. out of oversight, not malice.

• 5 months later...

Its funny when someone completely rocks a stage and then you see people do it there own way in 3 times the time.

You're watching in disbelief wondering why everyone didn't copy the breakdown.

I have seen some top shooters do a fake walk through.  I think they get tired of others being lazy and copying their walk through.

Edited by glockman75

On 6/9/2016 at 6:22 PM, Bamboo said:

Being sinister (left handed!) is one thing, intentionally deceiving your fellow shooters is another.

I actually enjoy talking strategy/planning with my squad-mates and would never offer anything but my best thoughts on how to shoot a stage. Some folks don't like to share ideas, and that is fine...but for the most part people enjoy kibitzing about their plan vs your plan vs the best way to shoot the stage.

Agreed. 90% of the guys I shoot with are just like you. I have been doing a walk through and have somebody say,"Hey Kev, look at this", and point out something I totally missed.

BUT, that means I know a few who just keep everything to themselves trying to win. 

3 hours ago, glockman75 said:

Its funny when someone completely rocks a stage and then you see people do it there own way in 3 times the time.

Your watching is disbelief wondering why everyone didn't copy the breakdown.

Because they have a plan in their head already. The only thing worse than a shitty plan, is two plans rattling around in your head when the beep sounds.

Once you formulate a plan stick with it. 

On 12/3/2016 at 7:27 AM, glockman75 said:

If I don't have time to run through a clearly superior plan at least 2-3 times, I'll shoot my less efficient one as best I can instead.

A poor plan executed perfectly, is going to result in a better score than a perfect plan executed horribly. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm left handed so that throws everyone off already. I would rather spend my time going through my stage plan than trying to mess up someone else. Heck, I am more than happy to share my stage plan with anyone that asks and if they want to copy exactly what I am doing more power to them. Granted at my skill level copying my stage plan probably won't get you the win. 

• 7 months later...
On 12/3/2016 at 4:27 PM, glockman75 said:

Even when I copy the breakdown still takes me three times the time. :lol::lol::lol:

The guys I shoot with are all eager to share the game plan.  Sometimes we don't agree with each other's plan, but most of the time someone sees something that really helps.  Sabotage is not part of what makes this sport so fun.  Hence the purpose of the enos forum.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2016 at 8:06 PM, diddomatic said:

Any ever do a ghost walk through of a wrong plan to throw off other competitors.

In a way, yes. When I was a kid me and a buddy once went to the movie show, downtown. Since we didn't have the money for tickets we simply walked into the theater backwards. The ticket-taker never said anything because he thought we were leaving. :D

Edited by MikieM

I like winning a lot...I like winning when I beat the other shooter at their very best by being at my very best, better...it validates everything I'm doing in my training and practice, and shows that at the highest level, I'm able to execute under pressure.  Beyond that, I feel like there's more benefit in me getting an extra walk through on my own plan, than by trying to throw other shooters off of theirs.

I won the MS State PCC Championship this year purely because the other top shooter I was neck and neck with got DQed 3/4 of the way through the match...I was happy I won, but it felt hollow because I knew I hadn't shot a very good match by my own standards and likely wouldn't have won if that other competitor hadn't been DQed.  

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:06 PM, diddomatic said:

Any ever do a ghost walk through of a wrong plan to throw off other competitors.

nobody wants to copy my plans unless its their 1st match and they don't know any better. I have seen some new guys led astray by last minute advice and they just get information overload and self-destruct.. But that teaches them something valuable also

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2017 at 12:41 AM, bladewurk said:

nobody wants to copy my plans unless its their 1st match and they don't know any better. I have seen some new guys led astray by last minute advice and they just get information overload and self-destruct.. But that teaches them something valuable also

Agreed - if anyone is copying my stage plan, I gotta question their decisions ;)

I've done this but only under a specific set of circumstances. 1. the stage design is tricky enough that the people are not sure what to do. 2. no one has asked my my opinion 3. i think i've seen something or found something the others haven't. 4. I'm able to exercise the self control to not tell someone about the cool/tricky/unexpected whatever I have planned.

It also matters how you visualize. If you can separate where you're walking versus how you are doing it in your mind, you'll probably be more successful about throwing people off.

When you're just at a match with the mindset of playing or goofing off I can see this adding to the fun of it.