Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interruptor mod

CAB33

The link is about fitting a Cgw "T3" interruptor.

If yor wait, tjart is working to get a tanfo interruptor that's close to drop in.

Cool, what's the time frame on this?

Very cool!

Where will he be selling them... website?

The announcement about the work was in the vendor tent area. "Patriot Defense". I spend money there and have only good things to say about them.

Really looking forward to the parts! Tjart has been VERY helpful here sharing his vast knowledge with "tinkerers" like me. I hope they get the patent issues and beta testing wrapped up soon, but that stuff is always slower than anticipated.

Edited by johnbu

Very cool!

Where will he be selling them... website?

The announcement about the work was in the vendor tent area. "Patriot Defense". I spend money there and have only good things to say about them.

Really looking forward to the parts! Tjart has been VERY helpful here sharing his vast knowledge with "tinkerers" like me. I hope they get the patent issues and beta testing wrapped up soon, but that stuff is always slower than anticipated.

From what he was saying this weekend, all that has already been handled. He wanted to make sure they worked out all the issues with the beta models. He wouldn't say exactly, but I'm sure it's going to be available to the rest of us really soon.

Two thumbs up!

Sounds very nice. Not having to Frankenstein a cz disco to fit will be a good thing.

I am curious about one thing though. Why would jj be running a disco on an open tanfog? Presumably is Sao like a limited or gold team?

Serious question. I run an open v12 with EGW hammer and sear and henning trigger. I can't think of a reason I'd want a da/SA open gun. The Sao trigger is quite nice. Sub 2lb, very short and a fairly positive reset. Adding a disco seems like one more moving part I don't need.

Edited by BeerBaron

Yes trigger bar is certainly one model for DA/SA and SAO models but I still don't understand why you'd want to add a disco to a SAO pistol?

EGW make a very nice tool steel hammer and sear which is many times better than the tanfoglio stuff, extreme or otherwise.

by hand fitting that sear leg and then adjusting pre-travel and over travel either with factory trigger or even better with the henning trigger you can get a reset and pre-travel as short as you'd want it.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great product for the DA/SA pistols but the existing solution for the SAO models (EGW/henning hammer + sear) is excellent. adding a disco to a SAO pistol doesn't solve the problem of oversize hammer hooks, soft sear and hammer etc.

Yes trigger bar is certainly one model for DA/SA and SAO models but I still don't understand why you'd want to add a disco to a SAO pistol?

EGW make a very nice tool steel hammer and sear which is many times better than the tanfoglio stuff, extreme or otherwise.

by hand fitting that sear leg and then adjusting pre-travel and over travel either with factory trigger or even better with the henning trigger you can get a reset and pre-travel as short as you'd want it.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great product for the DA/SA pistols but the existing solution for the SAO models (EGW/henning hammer + sear) is excellent. adding a disco to a SAO pistol doesn't solve the problem of oversize hammer hooks, soft sear and hammer etc.

Don't know man, you'll have to take that up with TJART. It was designed for DA Tanfos, but JJ wanted it in his guns. So while I hear you... obviously people want a disconnector that works, and to do it's job, and not have fit the sear... trigger... pre/over, etc. as a "fix" and a crutch for what you shouldn't have to do.

fair enough. Though I'd argue adding a disco is the 'crutch' and something you don't have to do. A SAO pistol with a CZ75 type action doesn't need a disconnector.

The proper fix to poorly cut sears and hammers (which is the real issue with the trigger in SAO tanfogs) is ....a new sear and hammer (or recut the factory one, but they are soft and will wear).

From the factory you can already adjust pre-travel and over-travel via the trigger adjustment (to a point).

What I'm getting at is why you'd want to use a disconnector to change the SA rest position of the trigger when it's a totally un-needed part in a SAO pistol? The correct way to setup the gun is fixing the poorly drilled hammer and sear holes (with henning oversize pins and reamer) then using a proper tool steel hammer and sear which has properly cut hooks (EGW/Henning). Then by working on the sear leg you could make the reset as short as you want to. pre-travel is adjusted at the trigger as is the amount of overtravel.

I totally agree the factory SAO triggers are pretty average but the best solution to that is the better henning trigger (with coil spring return springs, easy to tune reset force in conjunction with plunger springs). The EGW/henning hammer gives the nice clean break. installing a disconnector might help with reset but it won't change the trigger break at all. you still get whatever the crummy tanfog hammer will give you (and none are particularly great including the xtremes).

Anyway I won't merge off topic any further. It just had my curiosity as to why you'd run one on a SAO tanfog. I guess I can kind of understand why, but it wouldn't be the way I'd go about tuning a SAO tanfog.

Still, it does sound like a great option for all the DA/SA models. :)

I have the Henning trigger and egw sear/hammer in mine and the reset is just a tad longer than my STI. My trigger pull weight is 1.75lbs. I do have the roller plunger in mine so that makes it buttery smooth.

On a side note, I was was thinking about doing the roller plunger mod for others since I have a machine shop. The person that was making these stopped so you can't buy these anymore.

Edited by MrPostman

Don't know man, you'll have to take that up with TJART. It was designed for DA Tanfos, but JJ wanted it in his guns. So while I hear you... obviously people want a disconnector that works, and to do it's job, and not have fit the sear... trigger... pre/over, etc. as a "fix" and a crutch for what you shouldn't have to do.

fair enough. Though I'd argue adding a disco is the 'crutch' and something you don't have to do. A SAO pistol with a CZ75 type action doesn't need a disconnector.

The proper fix to poorly cut sears and hammers (which is the real issue with the trigger in SAO tanfogs) is ....a new sear and hammer (or recut the factory one, but they are soft and will wear).

From the factory you can already adjust pre-travel and over-travel via the trigger adjustment (to a point).

What I'm getting at is why you'd want to use a disconnector to change the SA rest position of the trigger when it's a totally un-needed part in a SAO pistol? The correct way to setup the gun is fixing the poorly drilled hammer and sear holes (with henning oversize pins and reamer) then using a proper tool steel hammer and sear which has properly cut hooks (EGW/Henning). Then by working on the sear leg you could make the reset as short as you want to. pre-travel is adjusted at the trigger as is the amount of overtravel.

I totally agree the factory SAO triggers are pretty average but the best solution to that is the better henning trigger (with coil spring return springs, easy to tune reset force in conjunction with plunger springs). The EGW/henning hammer gives the nice clean break. installing a disconnector might help with reset but it won't change the trigger break at all. you still get whatever the crummy tanfog hammer will give you (and none are particularly great including the xtremes).

Anyway I won't merge off topic any further. It just had my curiosity as to why you'd run one on a SAO tanfog. I guess I can kind of understand why, but it wouldn't be the way I'd go about tuning a SAO tanfog.

Lol. How many world titles have you won?

Wow. That really bolsters your argument. How many have you won?

I've won none. But I've heard of a bloke called Eric. He won a few. With a tanfog open gun too. No disconector in his single action tanfogs....

I have the Henning trigger and egw sear/hammer in mine and the reset is just a tad longer than my STI. My trigger pull weight is 1.75lbs. I do have the roller plunger in mine so that makes it buttery smooth.

On a side note, I was was thinking about doing the roller plunger mod for others since I have a machine shop. The person that was making these stopped so you can't buy these anymore.

Roller plunger would be great. Since heuning (spelling?) stopped making these years ago I know many would want want. My v12 trigger like yours was down at 1.75lb but I found the reset too weak for my liking. That was using the very light plunger spring that comes with the henning trigger kit. I bought the tuning pack and went up a bit in plunger spring. Trigger is now just under 2lb but I much prefer the feel.

Lol. How many world titles have you won?

The more posts you make, the more you seem to be the same person as TJART.

Also, you haven't won any world titles either there champ, so you are basically a nobody on the internet same as the rest of us.