Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson Combat and CCP

opensol

I Just shot the Arkansas state and Greg Martin from Wilson was there shooting a 9mm 4" 1911.. looked sweet and he said it way crazy nuts accurate.

Didnt ask what model it was..He will be shooting CCP all year long ..

• 7 months later...

I recently noticed the new Wilson compact commanders.  Curiously within the size specifications of the new CCP box dimensions.  They benefit from 1/4 inch more barrel and sight radius.

Thankfully, Springfield RO Compacts are still within the box limits.  Some of the Kimber 4" models will fit as well, those that have the compact frame.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:39 AM, SoonerPast said:

I recently noticed the new Wilson compact commanders.  Curiously within the size specifications of the new CCP box dimensions.  They benefit from 1/4 inch more barrel and sight radius.

Thankfully, Springfield RO Compacts are still within the box limits.  Some of the Kimber 4" models will fit as well, those that have the compact frame.

But, the RO Champion is too tall by .1 inch. 4 1/2" and it would have fit. Unfortunately I bought it for CCP in November instead of the compact.  I think the compact would still even have room for a magwell. Don't know what I need this gun for anymore. Safe's overfull now.

JD

I (almost) feel your pain.  I came THAT close to buying a RO Champion for the Division.  I think I will look for a Commander slide for my OACP and try to assemble a CCO.  Or just sit on the idea for a while and see if the new rules really seem headed for five years.  Or just shoot the OACP. 

I suspect the specification on Wilson's website is a typo.  Every other commander I've found data on is 7.75" in overall length.  Would Wilson's acutally be 0.10" longer, doubtful; especially if someone representing them were at the table when the new dimensions were under discussion.

Just bought a Ruger 1911 2 tone aluminum frame 9mm for my grandson to shoot in CCP and after putting it in the box, it is about 1/16 to tall, so i'm thinking of trimming the rear sight down to fit and trim the beavertail to correct the length. The factory rubber grips also will have to be trimmed some also because they hang below the frame..

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:54 PM, twowheels said:

Following the last round of spec changes, I bought a dan Wesson ECO for BUG and a 4" 1911 with full size grip for CCP.   Neither works anymore.  I'm done buying guns for ever changing IDPA divisions.

The ECO looks like a great CCP gun. You are giving up what, 1/4" in barrel length?

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:00 PM, chuckstur said:

The ECO looks like a great CCP gun. You are giving up what, 1/4" in barrel length?

More like 3/4", isn't the new spec for ccp barrel length 4.25"?

In any event, I'm not a fan of revolving specs.  The ECO is certainly a fine weapon and a wonderful singlestack 9mm" carry piece.  But I bought a shield to fill that role; it was a whole lot less expensive than the ECO.