Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 mm PCC Load Info Needed

Philip Dedmon

Ran the same Production load of 147gr over 3.4gr Ramshot Competition at 1.100". Shoots quietly and flat, had to rerun a Classifier due to the timer not picking up the shots when the RO had it down.

Edited by norbs007

• 1 month later...

Same for revolver and Semi Auto. 5.0 Win Auto comp ,Zero 115 gn JHP #135 @1.09".

Tom

Will be test driving this load with some round nose Zero 115's in my Olympic Arms carbine. Will let you know how it runs.

BC

Are you all finding lighter bullets track better etc than heavy bullets do? I felt weak 124's were quite sluggish and felt the gun cycled better and got back on target faster with loads somewhere between minor and MAJOR. So was wondering if 115's around minor would feel good also

My normal N320 production load with 147 Acme bullets (3.2gr, 1.125 OAL, 132pf) won't run reliably in my SIG MPX. Duration or volume of gas not enough. It will run with more powder but that's not soft. FWIW, the fast powders don't seem to pickup any velocity in the PCC.

Right now I'm at 4.1gr N340 with ACME 115 @ 1.065 (125 PF in pistol, 135 PF in PCC) which is pretty soft. I'm still playing with it, next step to see if that is enough gas to work a comp or just keep dropping powder until I'm about 130pf in the PCC.

Just wanted to update/revise this, my N320/147 production load is running just fine now in the MPX. I think I may have loaded slightly long, 1.14/1.15 or ??, its chamber apparently prefers it shorter like my CZ? In any case, the 147 load @ 1.12 shooting very nice/reliable thus far.

I did experiment with both N340 and autocomp loads and 115 Acme, to see if enough gas to run a pistol comp (Springer XDM comp + US Machine Gun adapter). I had charges up to about 160 power factor and the comp still wasn't pushing the barrel down, so I'm not playing with this anymore. I think it will be more productive just to make a powderpuff 115 load with auto comp, then compare to my production load on feel and accuracy. FWIW, 5.0 WAC with 115 Acme, is about 132 PF in my CZ Accu-shadow, that was about 150 PF I believe in the MPX Carbine. So next step to see what to back WAC down to for about 130 PF in the MPX.

I did 5.2gr of Autocomp with a BBI 115gr over it @ 1.10" OAL at the Florida State Steel Challenge match. The RO who was running our squad, and won PCC comments that the muzzle barely moves at all. The dot does move, but not all that much compare to other guns.

My experiences with loads for my JP 9mm carbine are as follows. My first shots were with some inexpensive factory loads to test function, everything worked fine. Next I tried some 124 grain lead and jacketed bullets I loaded with AA7 years ago to 125fp. Function and accuracy were fine, I am left handed. My right cheek felt like I was being sand blasted. Same thing with 147 coated bullets loaded with HS-6, still getting hit in the face. I got hold of some Titegroup and loaded the 147 coated bullets,3 grains, to 130pf, chronographed them in my SA 5.25 pistol. Shot these loads in the carbine, soft shooting, great accuracy, nothing hitting my face. I thought I had found my load that would work for Production and PCC. After 300 rounds thru the carbine, the bore looked great, not so much for the comp. It was severely leaded. Round two, 147 jacketed and Titegroup. 3 grains of Titegroup and 147 Zero bullets gave me 852 fps in the SA 5.25 pistol, no problem, I will get more velocity out of the longer carbine barrel. Same load in the 14.5 inch carbine barrel chronographed 765 fps average. I ended up with 3.4 grains of Titegroup with the 147 jacketed in the carbine to get an average velocity of 879 fps. The same 3.4 load chronographed in the pistol averaged 935 fps. These results were the result on 2 repetitions, 6 rounds per rep. I was surprised that I didn't get a velocity increase in the carbine. Not trying to tell anyone what to do, just reporting my experiences. When I can, I want to chronograph the coated bullet load in the carbine and see if it is also slower than the pistol.

Edited by TwoShot

Factory ammo stats. 16" Lone Wolf G9 Carbine vs. SPS 2011pistol 5"

Blazer 115: Carbine 1307fps Pistol 1161fps

Freedom Munitions 115 American Steel: Carbine 1333fps Pistol 1170fps

Freedom Munitions 124 Super Match: Carbine 1263fps Pistol 1088fps

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

you guys should try the only load listed by hodgdon with titewad in 9mm. 124 berrys  with titewad powder.  that load shoots like rimfire and its 1050 fps in the carbine. plus ita cheap and cleaner than titegroup

I started out shooting 2.5gr Titegroup behind a 147gr RN.  I liked the load, but at time was sluggish and I felt as i was outrunning the gun.  I went back to my pistol load of 3.0gr Titegroup and the gun cycles better and still shoots flat.

Round nose feed best in my Scorpion. I also run my CO ammo and in my carbine it is about 140-145 PF. 

I like it to take down steel at the longer ranges with the carbine. 

I will tend to take some longer shots than I would with CO pistol. Little extra recoil has not bothered me.