Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springer Precision Extended Basepads and Grams Spring/follower

Illmatica

I currently have Springer Precision extended base pads (Xdm 5.25" .40sw) with Grams spring and follower.

My issue is, sometimes the spring or follower (can't tell which) will get stuck and the ammo in the mag just pours out thus causing my gun to malfunction and ruining a stage.

I'm guessing the follower tilts sideways and just jams up the mag.

How f*#king annoying.

What do ya'll do to combat this? Will the Springer Precision follower and spring fix this issue? Though, it does look to be the same profile as Grams just machined out of aluminum.

Another thing, one of the screws on the SP basepads won't back-out...how the hell do I take it off? Is it a lost cause?

Should I get TTI extended base pads? Will TTI base pads work with SP follower and spring? Should I just stick to whatever spring kit TTI comes with in order to have that extra reliability even though I'm losing that one extra round capacity? What's inside a black hole? Do black hole lives matter? So many questions - what do ya'll suggest?

Did you flatten out the tab at the bottom-front of the magazine tube? That tab protrudes far enough into the tube to cause problems.

Rich

Hmm, I'll try that. So I'm guessing the spring is getting caught on that tab and jamming up the mag?

What would you suggest I flatten it out with?

Thanks, Rich.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to report back that this worked. Was obvious once I knew what I was looking for. I was able to bend one tabs enough. The other couple I got part way then used my Dremel to clean up till the follower wouldn't catch. My brother in law ran the gun/mags in his first match today didn't have a single problem.

Thanks guys!

Red

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/10/2016 at 10:59 PM, DagoRed said:

Just wanted to report back that this worked. Was obvious once I knew what I was looking for. I was able to bend one tabs enough. The other couple I got part way then used my Dremel to clean up till the follower wouldn't catch. My brother in law ran the gun/mags in his first match today didn't have a single problem.

Thanks guys!

Red

Always give it to your brother in law to test ! ?