Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Auto Drive With GSI Bullet Feeder

Does anyone have experience with the Mark 7 Auto Drive with the GSI Bullet Feeder? I see a lot of Mark 7 and Mr. Bullet Feeder, a combination sold on the Mark 7 web site but I prefer the GSI because I can keep the low powder alarm die.

Thanks for comments and thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jmorrismetal?app=desktop

Unless you wire into it like I did on mine in the video above, it wouldn't be much of a fail safe. I use the GSI's but build my own collators and mount them off the case feeder post. I did hear from a friend that they have seemed to finally get their collators working.

Mk 7 has a sensor that attaches to the dillion powder alarm. When it detects a high or low charge it is interfaced with the microprocessor and actually stops the press and shows an alarm on the screen.

That is what prompted my question. When I saw the low powder sensor on the Mark 7 Web page, the only way I could think of that working was to use it on a GSI bullet feeder. Is my assumption correct?

well.. shit?! I orderd a gsi feeder 6 weeks, and it hasnt been shipped yet, guess I need to tell them have the mark7.

but I want to use it both *with* mark7 and without, when I load 9 major, I dont bell the brass, hence the need for seating on upstroke.. hence GSI

I have 6 x 1050's and move the mark7 around at times, for loading large batches, then smaller batches by hand.

will this gsi work both WITH and WITHOUT the mark7 baseplate?

Edited by ano

well.. shit?! I orderd a gsi feeder 6 weeks, and it hasnt been shipped yet, guess I need to tell them have the mark7.

but I want to use it both *with* mark7 and without, when I load 9 major, I dont bell the brass, hence the need for seating on upstroke.. hence GSI

I have 6 x 1050's and move the mark7 around at times, for loading large batches, then smaller batches by hand.

Holy. Cow. :surprise:

The Mk7 baseplate is predrilled for the GSI Feeder.

That is what prompted my question. When I saw the low powder sensor on the Mark 7 Web page, the only way I could think of that working was to use it on a GSI bullet feeder. Is my assumption correct?

No, you could also use a "dropper" style feeder in #7 and seat/crimp in #8.

I received this very prompt reply from GSI regarding its bullet feeder compatability with the Mark 7 Auto Drive.

Thank you for your interest in our products. We have no machines to sell as of yet in regards to using Mark 7s Auto Loader with our machines.

We are currently still developing a mount for Mark 7s unit to be compatible with our bullet feeder machine. Once finalized, we would still need to run tests and inspections to make sure the unit will meet our quality standards.

If and when the product becomes available, we will be posting it on our website.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Looks like Mr. Bullet Feeder is currently and for the foreseeable future the only bullet feeder option for the Mark 7.

Im laying on my sofa in the livingroom watching tv and surfing, I dumped 1000'ish pieces of lubed 9 brass and its prepping it now for my 9 major press... soooo effortless

It did stop at 772 rounds to tell me a primer hadnt fallen out, and it was right! love the new "upstroke but dont index" function when it catches primers not fallen

Love the new firmware/software on the mark7.

Edited by ano

"prepping" is the key to my post.

as for primers full, I have 2x RF100 primer tube fillers ;) but yes, stop at 100 as Im not crazy enough to make a contraption that fills primers directly, primers er SCARY

• 1 year later...
On 3/22/2016 at 10:28 AM, jmorris said:

This is the first one I did.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=156851&hl=%2Bcomputer+%2Bcontrolled+%2B1050#entry1870581

Send me a PM with your email and I'll send you some photos of one that uses their 1050 feed post that already has the switch mounted in it (makes it even less work).

Anything special to do with the switch in the gsi post and the mbf wiring?

On 3/27/2016 at 1:39 PM, jmorris said:

I suppose you could always buy one from Camdex or Ammoload then, primer collator that is.

Im excited to see what mark 7 is going to release for their primer collator 

On June 29, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Thetimb said:

Anything special to do with the switch in the gsi post and the mbf wiring?

Need to use the common (C) and normally closed (NC) locations on the switch and have one side of the 12 v power to the collator motor (doesn't matter if it's the + or -) go into one and come out the other.  With there are enough bullets in the tube to hold the switch open power is no longer delivered to the motor and the collator stops.

4 minutes ago, jmorris said:

Need to use the common (C) and normally closed (NC) locations on the switch and have one side of the 12 v power to the collator motor (doesn't matter if it's the + or -) go into one and come out the other.  With there are enough bullets in the tube to hold the switch open power is no longer delivered to the motor and the collator stops.

Thanks! I ended up tinkering with it last week and got it going. 

It was was fairly straight forward.