Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 Front Sight Height Consensus

emjei

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I use the xtreme 3mm x 5.25mm front sight from Grauffel and it still prints low. Rear sight is still 15 clicks up.

I'm considering a Dawson but I can't make a choice between:

.110T x .105

.120T x .100

.125T x .115

What would be my best choice?

• 3 weeks later...

I just shot my new Tanfo and with the rear sight at roughly mid point in its travel (20 clicks ish), the Dawson calculator comes out at 0.120.

I will run it again to double check before ordering.

Anyone tried the .120 ???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I run the 120 Dawson sight on my Limited in 9mm. I still had to crank up the sight a bit, but it is much better than it was. I think you'll be happy with it.

Thanks !!!

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Kind of thread resurrection but I didn't have the question in 2016.

Looks like I'm going to need at least a 160 in front to keep my stock 2 from shooting high, does this seem unusual? 

Is this having your rear sight all the way down?

No it's not unusual. For a long time either .160 or .180 was what everyone ran.

I run a .140 to let me lower the rear a few notches (make that fragile LPA rear a little smaller) and love it. Any shorter and you get a lot of slide in the notch as soon as your front sight is elevated a bit.

If you don't have any odd marks on the barrel hood or underside of slide from something improperly fit and signs of some peening? Order a .160 or .180 and rock it.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Alrighty then. 

Side note, no signs of abnormal wear but there was more poi change after the first 1000 rounds or so than what has been typical with my other guns. Might just be a one particular gun fluke or maybe it is a Tanfo thing. 

I sighted mine in at around 200 rounds after installing a .140 Dawson front, bringing the rear down 5 to 10 clicks or so.

When I cerakoted the gun I obviously pulled the sights off. It had 2,500 rounds or so through it. Vertical zero was still dead on for the same ammo.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I aim where my poi is behind fiber. I've been using a .160H front  but I had to have the rear sight cranked up quite a bit (Roughly 35 clicks). Recently switched to a .150H and was able to move the rear down some but it was still 21 clicks from the very bottom. I tempted to try .140H now.

2 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Alrighty then. 

Side note, no signs of abnormal wear but there was more poi change after the first 1000 rounds or so than what has been typical with my other guns. Might just be a one particular gun fluke or maybe it is a Tanfo thing. 

Check the locking lugs on the barrel and slide.  might be a poor fit barrel not correctly locking up.

2 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Alrighty then. 

Make sure the rear sight isn't starting to come loose, mine did and it got pretty loose before I noticed it.  Loctited it and it's been tight for a couple thousand rounds now.

6 hours ago, johnbu said:

Check the locking lugs on the barrel and slide.  might be a poor fit barrel not correctly locking up.

Any rocket science gun smithery to know about here? Lock up feels very solid, racking slide feels smooth, wear marks on barrel & slide do not seem unusual or excessive, nothing going on that looks like deformation anywhere. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to decide between a .090 and .100 wide Dawson fiber optic front sight to use with a stock rear sight on a Stock 2.

I'm leaning towards the .090, but would anyone be willing to post pics of each?  I'm curious how much space is on each side of the blade.

Thanks!

I can send you pics of mine ....I much prefer the .090 because the .100 covers almost the entire poppers at distances

Ps.....I might have a Dawson. 150Tall by .090 for sale in a few days since Im going shorter

2 hours ago, emjei said:

I can send you pics of mine ....I much prefer the .090 because the .100 covers almost the entire poppers at distances

Ps.....I might have a Dawson. 150Tall by .090 for sale in a few days since Im going shorter

Isn't .150 the shortest one they make in .090 width?