Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many matches do you shoot per month?

garbanzo

Just wondering how many matches the average shooter attends each month. I currently go to a first saturday of the month match so only once a month, however, I'm planning to attend a weekly USPSA match in Norco. As of right now, the fiance seems okay with this but we'll see what happens in a few months/years...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two to four level one matches a month, live fire practice once a week occasionally two or three times and sporadic dry fire.

Honestly, for me, improvement only becomes evident with more frequent matches, practice and dry fire, especially the latter.

At least 4. I live in San Diego.

Two, second and 4th Saturday USPSA at Pala.

One, third Wednesday indoor IDPA at Poway Weapons n Gear.

One, third Saturday IDPA at Lemon Grove.

One, fourth Thursday indoor USPSA in Oceanside.

One, first Saturday USPSA at Norco or maybe first Saturday IDPA at Prado.

One, second Thursday Action Pistol at Iron Sights in Oside.

More often than not it is closer to 6 of the 7 I like to shoot.

Edited by rowdyb

I'm relatively new to competitive shooting (less than a year in) and I try to go to at least 1 but usually 2 USPSA matches a month. More importantly, I focus on dry fire and live fire practice as frequently as I can. Sometimes that means after the wife and kids go to sleep or waking up a little early on the weekends to get some trigger time in. At first I was shooting more matches and not seeing much improvement since I had no idea what to even work on. Practicing really let me focus on those places I was lacking and see definite improvement.

3-4 including 1 or 2 majors each month during the shooting season.. I'm finding a great (as in positive) problem this year with several weekends where I have multiple matches that I'd like to shoot and have to make a choice. Sure beats not being able to find somewhere to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year was great and the first part of this year should be good. I think I averaged 12 matches a month sometimes more. I am lucking to live in MN where as soon as the weather breaks that there is multiple matches a day at our local clubs. This might slow down as having a kiddo at the end of June.

Last year was great and the first part of this year should be good. I think I averaged 12 matches a month sometimes more. I am lucking to live in MN where as soon as the weather breaks that there is multiple matches a day at our local clubs. This might slow down as having a kiddo at the end of June.

It will most likely slow down! Haha..

Congrats on the baby tho!

2-3 uspsa matches. Usually 1 steel match.

If the weather permits and I'm not busy, I will live fire if I am not shooting a match.

Dry fire 5-6 days a week, usually 2 times a day.

Then I shoot indoor "action shooting" Wednesday nights and same indoor with pistol and rifle every other Saturday.

Edited by Nickb45