Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Non-2011 Open Guns

Rudukai13

Here is a Caspian Open gat built by Pruitt.

post-61511-0-20225500-1455824508_thumb.j

I'm running an STI open gun this year as an experiment to see if I do better/like the modular gun better. Too early to say how that will turn out. But, I will say that I really like the way the Caspians shoot and haven't fallen in love with the STI yet.

Bamboo, that's a gorgeous blaster! I suppose I should've been a bit more specific in my request though - I'm looking to see open pistols that don't follow the 1911-based platform, regardless of modularity...Again great gun, just not quite what I meant!

Absolutely! And as Atlas and Open1215 have shown there can be just as much variance and personalization in other platforms as there is in the 2011 realm. That's what I'm interested in seeing - the people who are using different platforms and what modifications they've done!

I'm an Open division newb (have shot one A classifier, one match win so far) but I'm absolutely loving it. I was shooting my Tactical Sport in Limited for the last year, so the switch to a Czechmate couldn't have been any easier. Gun has run perfectly so far, about 1500 rounds downrange since early January.

20160110_204347_zpsdkh9oe0q.jpg

20160106_121923_zpshiiwgfpj.jpg

20160106_121820_zpsn9eqqdmb.jpg

• 6 months later...

CZ-SP01-Shadow-Open-1.jpg

CZ-75 SP-01 Shadow in 9mm.

Cerakoted in Graphite Black. RTS2 dot on CZC mount, custom titanium cone comp, Eemann hammer and SA trigger, stainless machined slide racker, DPM recoil system.
8.0gn of 3N38 to make Major with coated 125gn bullet (Zima).
1990,-Eur total cost including mags with ~200 in recoverables and throw-aways.

Edited by arkadi