Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load for springfield 1911 9mm

ghost21

This is to all the guys here that have A Springfield Loaded 1911 9mm.

I am about to purchase a Springer Loaded 1911 in 9mm.

Just wondering what load everyone that has one is shooting in their guns! I will be keeping the factory recoil spring for now, maybe a trigger job!

I've got several loads worked up that I shoot in a G35 with a 40/9 conversion barrel, Just wondering what everyone else is shooting in their springer's!

Thanks

Jeff

3.3gr WSF behind 147gr Bayou; 3.7gr N320 behind 115gr Bayou. I can't go any lower than the 3.7gr and have all of our guns cycle reliably with 8 lb. recoil spring and 19 lb. main spring (non-ILS of course). 3.1gr WSF behind 115gr Bayou also cycles, but I haven't had any time to work up a load. Wife and I shoot SC so PF is not an issue however thus the soft 115gr loads.

I have your exact gun. My go to load (for IDPA) is 3.2 of TG under 147gr extremes at OAL of 1.135.

Thanks guys, Lot of good loads here!

BAWunder. I use almost the same load in my g35 with a 40/9 conversion barrel 3.5 grs TG This is the load I'm going to start with!

Thanks

Lots of good starting loads here!

Edited by ghost21

For a SC and 3 gun load, I use 115gn coated BBI over 3.8 - 4 gns of Titegroup depending on how I have it sprung. For USPSA Minor I load 3.8 gns TG over a 124 precison Delta JHP. (since I have 10K of them) I will be switching over to coated here soon.

• 2 weeks later...