Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr.Bulletfeeder dropping 3 bullets on each case

bradsteimel

I've been using a Mr.Bulletfeeder on my Dillon 650 for years and it has always run flawlessly. I just picked up a 1050 with a Mr.Bulletfeeder, but am having a problem with the feeder dropping 3 bullets perfectly stacked on the case each time. I have watched the adjustment/installation videos on their website and i *think i have it setup correctly?!?

I am loading 124 grain JHP onto a 9mm case. The 3 balls of the dropper are on the 3 top holes, and the clip of then dropper is in the top groove. When i take the dropper off the press and test it by hand on a 9mm case, it only drops one bullet. But when i put it back on the press... here come 3 :(

Can anyone think of something i might have done wrong? Why this might be happening?

Edited by bradsteimel

My guess would be the spring is too tight for some odd/ unknown fluke. Either stretch it just a tiny bit or slide the MBF a little forward. The slightest tension will hold the die up and allow multiple drops

Sarge is correct. The spring is holding the dropper up too long or it is pulling it slightly to the side. Add some slack to the spring or slide the Mr. Bullet Feeder farther forward on the case feeder. Also make sure your powder measure is not touching the brass weight on the bullet dropper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

I tried all of the above without success. The problem I found was that my powder funnel was set to deep.  It was allowing the bullet to drop into the case too far and a second bullet to follow. When the shell plate was lowered and the three bullet catch bearings came out of their recessed groove, two bullets had passed. By shortening the depth that the first bullet was allowed to enter the case, the second bullet was trapped behind the three bearings as the shell plate was lowered. Now it works perfectly!!!!