Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does your MKA1919 run like a sewing machine?

joelogic

Never have any issues with Win AA shells to go to case gauging. Have had issues with cheaper Win, Rio, and Estate shells especially in hot weather. Even some terribly out of round Fiocchi shells.

Talked to the guys at Freedom's store and they think the current Xtreme slugs will continue in stock for awhile. Good to know.

gerritm

Did they say when they might get back in stock? They've been out of stock on the website for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah, to ctay's point about hot weather someone once told me that a trick in really hot climates is to keep your shells in a cooler with ice packs to keep the plastic hard. Haven't had to do that with AAs but there it is.

Never have any issues with Win AA shells to go to case gauging. Have had issues with cheaper Win, Rio, and Estate shells especially in hot weather. Even some terribly out of round Fiocchi shells.

Talked to the guys at Freedom's store and they think the current Xtreme slugs will continue in stock for awhile. Good to know.

gerritm

Did they say when they might get back in stock? They've been out of stock on the website for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The counter guy at Freedom said that they have been receiving them at the store with no problems. I e-mailed CS @ Freedom with questions and have received no answers in over a week. Anyone have any contacts higher up the food chain @ Freedom maybe can find out for sure what the status will be in the future.

gerritm

Yeah, to ctay's point about hot weather someone once told me that a trick in really hot climates is to keep your shells in a cooler with ice packs to keep the plastic hard. Haven't had to do that with AAs but there it is.

I not definitely keep them out of the sun, especially when loaded in mags. I have also keep boxed ammo in a empty cooler - no ice or anything.

I will say We have not experienced any failures due to heat, but then again, we kinda try to watch it.

I tuned all the magazines used for competition. Just follow the instructions on Firebird Precision's YouTube video on converting the 5 rd magazine to a 15 rd FP-15 magazine.

My MKA 1919 is a pre-XN gun. Initially I shot hotter loads to break the gun in. This included some hot (1550 fps) slugs. I probably would not shoot those hot slugs again.

As the gun began to wear in, I dropped from 1300 fps loads down to 1200 fps loads after around 500 shells shot. I also tired to keep the gun very clean and well oiled. Initially I was getting some metal slivers from the top inside of the upper receiver.

Though they may have shot well earlier, I probably had over 1000 rd through the gun before I went to the 1145 fps shells. During break-in I shot just about any old 12 gauge shell I had out in the garage. I quickly found that some shells just do not work, For practice, I shoot Remington Gun Club shells. For matches, I prefer Remington STS and Winchester AA's. For club matches I try to stick with 1145 fps shells but for more important matches, I sometimes go to 1200 fps shell for a little extra insurance. For slugs, I use Remington managed recoil slugs (1200 fps).

Bill

I bought the gun from another shooter on hear it only had 200 shells or less fired. It was all done by Tooth and Nail and it looks great but it just barely ejects the 1 1/8 at 1200 fps. He said it was set up to run the 1145 fps shells and I didn't know what the break in would need. Have you tried any the Suprema shells? I have been running them in my Saiga 1oz 8 shot at 1315 fps. They eject well (5 feet) and I have gone through a few mags with no issues.

Thanks for the advice

Depends on what spring is in the gun. I have the mid barrel comp. Mine came with the heavy spring from T & N and break in instructions to run about 300 heavier 1300fps plus shells thru it and then change to the lighter spring. Followed this and it has run like a sewing machine for 2 years on 1145 AA shells. I shoot 1350fps Remington #6 & 4 heavy loads for spinners and longer range steels. 1550fps Xtreme slugs. As far as tuning my mags they came running fine and tuned so I have left them alone. Why mess with success. Call Matt or Josh or e-mail and they will give you what info you need. They have great CS.

gerritm