Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Carry Comp Feasability Request

Rudukai13

Having been inspired by the recent announcement of STI's Costa Carry Comp 9mm 2011, and several companies announcing Carry Comp configurations for Glock, it got me thinking - How simple would it be to create a P320 Carry Comp pistol? I'm thinking using the Full Size grip module for the long dust cover, plus a Carry or Compact slide with a threaded barrel and 9mm minor one or two port comp...The comp would be in-set to the dust cover somewhat, which should help protect the action from getting jammed with a piece of debris getting between the comp and slide...

Anyone have a Full Size grip module that they can put a Carry or Compact slide and barrel on, and maybe even set a short 9mm comp in front of to mock-up and take a picture? I'd be very interested in trying to build something like this if it weren't too complicated...

It's possible. Scott Springer at Springer precision has been itching to adapt one of his comps for the P320 but the lack of threaded barrels for the full size has been a challenge.

We had a chat not too long ago about using a Compact slide instead since you can buy threaded barrels for the Compact/Carry or you can take a stock full size barrel and have it threaded. One challenge about the factory threaded barrels is that they are threaded in 13.5x1LH so it makes finding a comp off the shelf a problem.

If you can find a threaded Compact/Carry barrel or have an additional long one then I would recommend reaching out to Scott to see if he would work with you on the project.

Here are his shorter XDM Comps

1406695762833-1945292543.jpeg

1431204436590-1827805426.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I have a 9mm carry slide, with threaded barrel, I'm looking to sell. I'd prefer to sell the entire slide with raised night sites and barrel together. It has 100 rounds through it. Shoot me a message if you are interested and it will work for what you need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, WhiteDingo said:

Saw this on a Facebook group the other day, reminded me of this thread. Supposedly it's a final product waiting on release, but I have no real info.

FB_IMG_1502227234836.jpg

not quite my cup of tea but it don't look too bad

• 3 weeks later...

I found the comp from Facebook, an outfit called Range18, so I reached out to them. Very responsive and great to deal with. 

My Range18 comp came in yesterday... very well made, cuts are clean and burr free. It has a set-screw on the bottom to help prevent the comp from rotating, which is a nice addition (no matter how much red loctite I used, the SP comp still rotated during a day long match). So far, I like it. Quality is good and visually it's more appealing than the SP comp.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to the range until next week. 

IMG_5331.JPG

IMG_5329.JPG

IMG_5333.JPG

That looks pretty good! Does that comp require major PF or will the gun still cycle on factory ammo?

I take it the comp is specifically designed to work with Sig's factory threaded barrels with the odd thread pitch?

• 8 months later...