Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pictorial Comparison RTS2 vs Deltapoint Pro

Smokin

I'm in the market for smaller body dot, I have the CM slide now. Anyone know about vortex dot similar size as RTS or dp?

Razor 6 moa and rts2 6 moa are pretty comparable in size.
I'll check on that Garmi, thanks

What about the mount would it be same mount applies?

Edited by brytec

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got my DPP and had a chance to practice with it this weekend. I think it is everything the RTS2 is and a lot more. Build quality is fantastic. The battery door and dot adjustment are simply genius. While only rated at 2.5 moa the dot appears MUCh bigger. In a side by side comparision of a slide ride with 8moa dot, the DPP was at least 50% brighter. So far this thing is tops shelf. Will it last is the only question that remains.

image1_zpsivbmmqqr.jpg

image5_zpscdh1duzf.jpg

image3_zpszsnd6qaf.jpg

image4_zpscdkbu3vh.jpg

I'm in the market for smaller body dot, I have the CM slide now. Anyone know about vortex dot similar size as RTS or dp?

Mounts are different

Mounts are different

Vortex says the Razor uses the C-More pattern. The Viper and Venom use the Doctor/Fastfire pattern. The Arredondo mount (used on the pictured gun above) comes with an adapter plate for the Doctor/Fasfire pattern.

• 11 months later...

I have an astigmatism, but find the round 8 moa dot perfect on my slideride out in the desert sun (when I crank it up all the way).  What I want to avoid is having to crank a tiny dot up and make it bloom just to keep it visible in bright sun.  I'd rather have a larger dot or triangle that I can see without making it distort on high brightness settings.  If the DP Pro can stay bright AND sharp at 2.5 moa without distorting, that might work for my eyeballs.

Otherwise, if it is anything like a slideride, I would need the larger triangle in order to see it outside when it's bright.

A 2 MOA aimpoint T1 does not work for me as well as a 4 MOA T1 because of the need to crank brightness up in the sunshine.  Then it starts to bloom and get messy, making precision shots impossible.

I do not have an astigmatism, so maybe my experience will have been different than yours. But I feel like the 2.5 moa dot is not distorted on high in broad daylight. It's bright enough to be easily seen, but not so bad that it bleeds out from the actual dot size. I have both the 7.5 and the 2.5. I definitely prefer the 2.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Optics Planet has either model for $399.00 so that is considerably less than the six hundred dollars mentioned previously.  That makes it a lot closer in price to a FastFire III or some of the Vortex red dots or a JP.

Yeah, no question I will get a delta point pro for my next dot.  $399 is a lot of money, but because it is now the same price as the "bargain" dots out there like the vortex razor, I see no reason not to get the DP Pro.  Everything about it seems better than other options on the market.

I just need to decide on dot size/shape.

The dpplooks good but I settled on the romeo 3 and an excited to give it a go, Atlas mount for the romeo, should be great plus the warranty

Edited by Acsr
Spelling

14 hours ago, Savagesweat said:

What is it like to deal with Leupold on warranty issues?  If the Delta point dies suddenly, is Leupold going to fix/replace it in a week like Vortex does?

I've only dealt with Leupold 1 time on a warranty issue, but it really was turned over in a weeks time. I have dealt with Vortex on probably half a dozen warranty issues and even though they are handled quickly, it was still half a dozen times. 

I have 3 original DP's with the delta and love them.  I just sold off a DP with a dot cuz it was just NOT up to the same level of parallax-free as the deltas are.  I just bought a Vortex Venom thinking I'd put it on an open build with an SJC Micro Mount (same hole pattern), but the window is WAY smaller than my DP's, but I still liked it so I put it on a shotgun of mine.

I just bought a DP Pro with 7.5 delta so now all of my competition guns have that reticle (CO, PCC, and Open), plus my home defense pistol.  Even though I've heard of the short battery life, the ingenious and radically simple way it is designed for battery changes means NO tools and just 30 seconds to switch out a dead battery.  Easy Peazy.  I was sold once I saw that in a Youtube vid and bought it the next day on OpticsPlanet.  It is on the way!  I'll post a couple pics once it's mounted.

FYI, For anyone looking to buy a DP Pro, Optics Planet is running a 10% off sale right now. Cuts the price down to $360 shipped. Sale ends tomorrow, 3/7. 

After reading a couple of really informative threads here, and some separate research, I bought two for good measure!  

Now, time to start looking at mounts!  

3 hours ago, Boomer775 said:

FYI, For anyone looking to buy a DP Pro, Optics Planet is running a 10% off sale right now. Cuts the price down to $360 shipped. Sale ends tomorrow, 3/7. 

After reading a couple of really informative threads here, and some separate research, I bought two for good measure!  

Now, time to start looking at mounts!  

You got me curious... and I see that a picatinny mount is an additional $80.  Jeez...  I might be more interested if it just had a plain jane 8moa round dot versus a triangle that may or may not be sharp to my old eyes.  Think I'll be sticking with the RTS2.

Edited by jkrispies

6 hours ago, jkrispies said:

You got me curious... and I see that a picatinny mount is an additional $80.  Jeez...  I might be more interested if it just had a plain jane 8moa round dot versus a triangle that may or may not be sharp to my old eyes.  Think I'll be sticking with the RTS2.

The 2.5 moa is just as bright as 6 moa rts2

6 hours ago, jkrispies said:

2 hours ago, 36873687 said:

I appreciate your point but brightness is only one element of an optic.  I did continue to think about it last night, and if the triangle is sharp to my eyes, it would do well on an AR with the point sighted at 200-300yds.  I'd like to look through one. I'm not brushing it off completely but it bothers me that a simple cross slot mount (not even a QR) is marked up to $80. That's kind of unbelievable.   

15 minutes ago, jkrispies said:

I appreciate your point but brightness is only one element of an optic.  I did continue to think about it last night, and if the triangle is sharp to my eyes, it would do well on an AR with the point sighted at 200-300yds.  I'd like to look through one. I'm not brushing it off completely but it bothers me that a simple cross slot mount (not even a QR) is marked up to $80. That's kind of unbelievable.   

I agree with price of cross slot an then price of riser. I been lucky to look through all the cmore an ddp. The triangle in my opinion would be great for short AR work

1 minute ago, 36873687 said:

I agree with price of cross slot an then price of riser. I been lucky to look through all the cmore an ddp. The triangle in my opinion would be great for short AR work

They are mounts on Ebay for less than $20 I have been told.  

9 hours ago, jkrispies said:

A quick Google search shows the American Defense AD-TR quick release mount available for $67 on Amazon. Still may not be cheap, but with this level of equipment, what really is? 

1 hour ago, Boomer775 said:

A quick Google search shows the American Defense AD-TR quick release mount available for $67 on Amazon. Still may not be cheap, but with this level of equipment, what really is? 

I totally agree and am willing to pay for quality. The thing is that a QR AD mount costs less than a stock Leupold hard mount, which tells me just how much the Loopy sights are marked up/overpriced.  In reality the DP shouldn't cost any more than the RTS2.  I'll pay for quality but I don't go out of my way to get ripped off either.  

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Sorry to reopen such an old thread - have a couple of questions. I run a sideways CMore and am getting fed up with having to jam my weak hand thumb into the gap where my thumb rest sits. More often than not I miss the grip (I dry fire a lot) and I'm tempted to go back to an upright CMore because of it. However I like the dot height of the sideways CMore and the lack of ejection issues - both of which could potentially be solved by going to an RTS2 or the Leupold.

@Shadyscott999 It looks like it's been just over a year since you tried the DPP - still running it? Any issues?

Does anyone have a measure of the height of the dot above the base of the scope for the RTS2 and the Leupold?

I'd like to compare dot heights above the bore for the upright CMore, RTS2, Leupold and sideways CMore; although I'd suggest those are roughly in the right order but RTS2 / Leupold are probably interchangeable?

Cheers, Ryan

I have the DPP and the RTS2 over all I like the DPP although I do like the on-off better on the RTS2...... that said I think the DPP is a better sight and would go with it again. Never an issue with fired cases getting jammed up like the original c-more.