Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pictorial Comparison RTS2 vs Deltapoint Pro

Smokin

I'm sure it is a tooling thing for why they haven't updated the slide ride/Serendipity but it is still kind of weird that you wouldn't invest some money into making that design better. It's a molded plastic housing, the forms would initially be expensive but the material cost would be so very low.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leupold makes a few thin plastic adapters for the DP, that may be what your are looking for? A Googke search for delta point then click images and you should see all the adapters for different mounts. Good luck.

Just some info: Leupold shows the DP lens @ 26mm horizontal & 18mm vertical at its widest points.

Edited by a matt

the thinnest plastic adapter could be drilled to match the mounts made for the RTS2???

If you're talking about the pieces leupold sells that wont work.

Sorry to hear that yours didn't workout, mine worked great. Lucky I guess???

+1 on the delta being reliable. I have had a first gen on my S&W 500 for a few years and many thousands of rounds and it still holds zero.

Many thousands of rounds? Whew... That speaks to the durability of the Delta Point as much as your hands, arms, and joints. That's punishment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe this is off topic but it seems everyone is wanting a short slideride. Nothing wrong with the slideride except for its lentgh. If cmore was able to shorten the slideride even just a little bit, believe they would corner the market. It seems do-able.

There are a LOT of problems with sliderides.

1. Horrible battery life

2. Ejection issues on some guns

3. diodes that die

4. Cracking bodies

6. wandering zero

7. stupid adjustment system

8. dot wash in bright sun

They micro dots solve most all of these problems if we can ever find one that will actually last.

... and not to mention cost, large shooting window, and it sits on most open guns in service. Sèems the slideride body could be shortened to reduce ejection issues and maybe be more appealing to builders. Own and tried them all, the mrd's ... seems most always end up returning to the slideride despite that list of problems and it's ugly appearance.

Maybe this is off topic but it seems everyone is wanting a short slideride. Nothing wrong with the slideride except for its lentgh. If cmore was able to shorten the slideride even just a little bit, believe they would corner the market. It seems do-able.

There are a LOT of problems with sliderides.

1. Horrible battery life

2. Ejection issues on some guns

3. diodes that die

4. Cracking bodies

6. wandering zero

7. stupid adjustment system

8. dot wash in bright sun

They micro dots solve most all of these problems if we can ever find one that will actually last.

^^^^ Exactly this.

Agree, if it won't last or has a reliability issue, competitors won't buy it. Maybe Aimpoint will come out with an MRD or maybe Trijicon/Lopuld will come out with a competition friendly model. Until most see a better option, the slideride will still be the number one dot on open guns.

$#%$ F*(&ing S*## Mother @@#$er The wife's RTS2 came back from Cmore 2 weeks ago after issues with turning off. it ran great last week and today. My new one which I've used 5 times on a new build turned itself off halfway through a 32 round stage though.

Has anyone tried an rmr? Maybe the rm07 with the adjustable led dot?

I have a brand new rts2 chilling in the box for my next build, but this thread has me second guessing that purchase.

Edited by Tochnost

I have the RTS2 on a Akai Custom and it has stood up nicely. I ran it in the FL Open without any issues. There was one stage that was dusty and this thing was clear and bright unlike my old slide ride. I must admit the DP Pro looks interesting but I will stick with the RTS2.

As mentioned earlier the slide ride is not perfect. On my first open gun I went through about three of them in one season; cracked diodes, bad circuit board and not holding zero every time the battery was changed and during a match. I have none of these problems now.

Nice post. Here's the RTS2 next to a slide ride that should give some perspective. The smaller scopes are closer to the shooter's eye (depending on the mount of course) and certainly take up less real estate.

1454627522_zpsfdnzttoz.jpg

1454627558_zps7lihghtv.jpg

1454627536_zps2tlpa5ir.jpg

What mount is this on the RTS, looks very cool with all the holes?

Nice post. Here's the RTS2 next to a slide ride that should give some perspective. The smaller scopes are closer to the shooter's eye (depending on the mount of course) and certainly take up less real estate.

1454627522_zpsfdnzttoz.jpg

1454627558_zps7lihghtv.jpg

1454627536_zps2tlpa5ir.jpg

What mount is this on the RTS, looks very cool with all the holes?

This is the sv mount. Pricey but beautiful. I think I'm getting this mount for my build.

I'm in the market for smaller body dot, I have the CM slide now. Anyone know about vortex dot similar size as RTS or dp?

Razor 6 moa and rts2 6 moa are pretty comparable in size.