Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 shooting way to the left

Mifune326

Greetings everyone!

I have a Glock 34 which I absolutely love. Great shooting gun and very accurate. However, it shooting radically to the left (about 8" at 25 yards), making it necessary for me to drift the rear sight all the way to the right in the dovetail. None of my other Glocks shoot this way. It's almost as if the barrel hood isn't locking up squarely with the slide. Again, my groups are tight and my other Glocks don't shoot this way so I'm not slapping the trigger. Several of my buddies have also shot it with the exact same results. Anyone out there experienced anything like this too?

• 2 months later...

No update yet. I just need to box it up and ship it off to Glock. I've spoken to more than a few people with this same problem. It doesn't appear to be a widespread problem from what I can tell, but it looks like some of the Gen 4's are coming from the factory shooting high and to the left.

Mine came with factory night sights installed. I've since gone to the Glock plain metal rear sight with the same issue.

Are using a rear sight that gives you a gap on either side of the front when you line your sight picture up?

Yes, that's what you want....The amount of gap is personal, I like wide cut rears

image35847.jpg

I also have one that shoots (or did shoot) a bit high but to the left as well. When I replaced the sights I just drifted it more to the right. With the adjustable that came on it I was all the way to the right (I did not move the base). 34 Gen 4. I just figured it was me since I was new to Glock, and to some degree it was. I did later get a 17, and after some practice I am dead on with that having never touched the sights.

I can say though, since I reload, a few of my loads do shoot to the left with that gun. By changing loads I was able to get move the POI relative to POA around. Those same loads would also shoot left in the 17. It was an interesting test phase.

Did not think to send it in to Glock for a fix. Perhaps I should have done that.

Are using a rear sight that gives you a gap on either side of the front when you line your sight picture up?

Yes, that's what you want....The amount of gap is personal, I like wide cut rears

image35847.jpg

I heard dat.

Hey Bowenbuilt, what does the locking block have to do with it?

I have had 2 guns that were shooting 2 to 3" to the left with the sights drifted as far over as possible. Changed out the locking blocks and that was the problem with both of them. Now the rear sight is centered and so are the holes in the target. After having my problems I Googled and found I was not the only one who fixed a gun by doing this. That is why I made the suggestion, it is a pretty quick test to do and if that is the problem the results are immediate. The locking block is what centers the barrel in the rear so if it is cut slightly off center so is the barrel. It does not take much on one end to be way off on the other.

Edited by bowenbuilt

So, did you send it in to get new blocks, or just ordered them and did it yourself? Hmm, now I wonder if I switched the blocks between the 17 and the 34 if it would follow the block??

First I switched the block out of another known good shooter, once I established this as the problem I ordered one of the billet, machined, non-mim Lone Wolf locking blocks and replaced it permanently. Any small frame LB of the same series, same number of pins ect. will work. I took the LB out of a 34 Gen 3 and placed it into a 35 Gen 3 and found the problem with one gun. The other was a LB out of a 17 into a 34 Gen 4. The results were immediate.

Other most obvious things to check would be the barrel lug area to make sure the barrel is machined correctly and not off center, the front sight hole to make sure of the same. It does not take a lot in these areas to make a gun shoot far to the right or left but the LB has seemed to be the problem on going left guns as of late.

Edited by bowenbuilt

I'm having the same issue with my G34. High to the left. I got the high part taken care of w/ new sights, but even with the rear sight drifted all the way to the right, gun is still shooting left.

Would Glock send a new locking block or is it something I have to spend $ on to get fixed?

You have a link to the locking block for a Gen 4?

First I switched the block out of another known good shooter, once I established this as the problem I ordered one of the billet, machined, non-mim Lone Wolf locking blocks and replaced it permanently. Any small frame LB of the same series, same number of pins ect. will work. I took the LB out of a 34 Gen 3 and placed it into a 35 Gen 3 and found the problem with one gun. The other was a LB out of a 17 into a 34 Gen 4. The results were immediate.

Other most obvious things to check would be the barrel lug area to make sure the barrel is machined correctly and not off center, the front sight hole to make sure of the same. It does not take a lot in these areas to make a gun shoot far to the right or left but the LB has seemed to be the problem on going left guns as of late.

The cause is not always the LB. But if it is trading it out of another gun is free to find out before spending any money. It could be a lot of things IE hole in the slide off center, front sight hole off center, barrel lug cut off center or poor shooting habits. Lot's of things cause it but notice they are all shooting to the left. Hmmm.....