Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW: Walther Q5 Match - New awesome production guns showing up everywh

EngineerEli

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BritinUSA said:

Thats what I am running; I use the grams springs too, the only other thing you will need is a small round file or dremel to cut out part of the follower to stop it hitting the internal slide release.

What's the difference between doing that and using they Springer or Taylor extended mags? Seems like extra steps to make the TT's work.

2 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

If you want the highest capacity then you will need to change the followers, plus you will need different springs due to the increased length of the magazine.

This applies to any extended base pad.

Are the Taran Tactical pads with Grams followers the highest (reliable) capacity for a 140 mm mag?

Since this thread is massive at this point, may I ask you guys to start a new thread specificity discussing hi cap mag options for the Q5? It’ll be so much easier for people to find and update. 

/2cents. 

:)

2 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

Reliable with 22 +1

23 + 1 actually. Never failed to function when barney’d up all the way.

TTI pad. Grams follower and spring for the P-320, with the tab that locks the slide open ground off.

(I usually load them to 23 then strip a round out at LAMR for 22+1, unless there’s some reason the extra round or two will be a serious advantage.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 2 weeks later...

I have to press down extra hard once it hits around 20, and then it will give, allowing me to stack in a few more rounds. I would say that the interface seems iffy for me as well. Does anybody have problems with the TT basepads allowing the magazines to go up too far and hit the ejector? I've had to bend my ejector back before.

On 12/23/2017 at 12:08 AM, Bluescholar said:

I have to press down extra hard once it hits around 20, and then it will give, allowing me to stack in a few more rounds. I would say that the interface seems iffy for me as well. Does anybody have problems with the TT basepads allowing the magazines to go up too far and hit the ejector? I've had to bend my ejector back before.

Just checked out mine with an empty mag and a piece of copy paper. With the mag fully pushed in, there is a gap between the lip and the ejector as I can slide the paper in and outta gap with no binding. My ejector is not bent.

On 11/30/2017 at 2:08 PM, saibot said:

I'm using a Blade-Tech on a BOSS hanger and it's fine. I originally ordered a Comp-Tac since I really liked the Sig one I've used for a couple of years, but it must have been a lemon because it didn't fit and I had to return it. 

I use the GHOST "the thunder" holster with their hanger. Select the P99 holster as the Q5 frame is the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same mag issue trying to set-up the Taran pads with the Gram's spring and 320 follower. I've used the dremel to remove the tab, but I hit a hard 19 rounds and that's it. With the Taylor's, it's 21. Odds are missing some more plastic on the follower?

@sundevil827

I did taper the top & bottom of all 4 corners of my followers inward slightly, when I first put them together. Just a quick blip with the dremel. So that they’ll make the transition from tube to mag extension smoothly.

I guess it worked, if mine have always been flawless and yours haven’t.

On 9/5/2017 at 10:39 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

Didn't like how shallow the sight picture is. I ordered the Dawson's for the regular PPQ and discovered that the LPA rear has a unique dovetail and they wouldn't work.

Dawson sight picture:

IMG_7193.thumb.JPG.fa54ec79ddadfdca7cbef338be304ea8.JPG

Soooo I made another trip over to my buddy's house, and milled .030" out of the bottom of the notch. I'll be running this with a .190-.195 Dawson front when I'm not shooting carry optics.

Note the two ledges in the bottom of the rear notch:IMG_7214.JPG.3345a79c990f5f25a870ad7346f4eadf.JPG

Annnnd gone:

IMG_7215.thumb.JPG.4c5660ea125a2d82da2fddf3e9a3aa2c.JPG

Could you have gone lower than this without damaging the sight? If it's not too much trouble I'd like to see an after picture looking through. Thanks.

Edited by PokerNGuns

@PokerNGuns...

No point in milling more deeply: I’m pretty much flush with the head of the elevation adjustment screw now - you’re pretty much looking across the head of it.

It’d be a few days before I took another photo, and I’m not sure how much more you’d see. Put a gun underneath that first photo, and that’s exactly what you look at when shooting. I took the image arms-length from the back of the slide then cropped in to enlarge it. It’s exactly “to scale.”

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, mantus said:

A question to the reloaders:

Can someone give me a suggestion for COL 9mm for Q5 123gr. RN HP like this one:

9-123HP-460x306_o2x8-ox.jpg?t=1457637712

It really depends on the ogive of the particular bullet, but I've found that just about anything will chamber on the Q5 at 1.10. You can seat a dummy long and drop it into the chamber to see at which point it no longer touches the chamber. Or just seat at 1.10.
;)

1 minute ago, saibot said:

It really depends on the ogive of the particular bullet, but I've found that just about anything will chamber on the Q5 at 1.10. You can seat a dummy long and drop it into the chamber to see at which point it no longer touches the chamber. Or just seat at 1.10.
;)

Interesting, I do all FMJ/CMJ RN at 1.10 with no issues, but by the book as far as I can remember the FN should just a little bit less. I will gust give it a try at 1.10 an if any issues I will go play a bit :P Thank you.