Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

is the CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Target II IDPA legal

Lowbid

As I understand, it is the slide cut by the custom shop to install the rear sight that makes the first generation Target illegal. Is the rear sight on the Target II installed without modifying or cutting the slide which would make it legal?

I have not purchased the Target II until I know for certain it is IDPA legal. Looks like the Tac II has the same issue. Did the custom shop mill the slide for the rear sight. I believe (but not certain) that the rear sight on the Target II is a CZ factory sight that should fit without milling. Rowdy is correct. CZ Custom and CZ USA can be confusing.

• 4 weeks later...

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-shadow-target-ii-9mm-cz-custom/

The "target 2" is a regular shadow that has what looks like an LPA adjustable sight fitted instead of the regular comp sight. Also comes with an extra tall front since the slide isnt milled and the rear sight sits quite high.

It is marketed towards IPSC. Not sure how it fares against the various IDPA rules.

Edit: Actually unsure of last part since it says it has a short reset trigger which may or may not mean a pre-b disco, or their system which is not legal in IPSC.

Edited by ZachJ

To make your life easier shooting a Shadow in IDPA just shoot one without an adj rear sight. Otherwise I feel you're risking an issue with someone at equipment check who will make a mistake, and not in your favor. (which we all have a story about i'm sure)

• 1 year later...

I'm bumping this as a Hail Mary so to speak because 1. CZ is the most confusing gun mfg. to date and 2. IDPA 2017 rules seemingly complicate this thread.

Am I correct in that now the ESP rules allow for a milled slide for sights, and since the Shadow Target II makes weight, it is in fact legal for ESP?  If so, is weight the only factor keeping it from being legal in SSP?  I am leaning heavily on branching into ESP but would like to use/try a CZ-75 variant.  It seems that the Shadow Target II is the most competitive and now legal variant for ESP.  It would be nice to also be able to use it in SSP should I so desire.

Edited by laughinginlast

On 1/3/2016 at 3:59 PM, rowdyb said:

yep, there will always be a question and a concern about what is cz-usa and what is cz custom and who is the manufacturer and what is original. take this gun for instance, http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-shadow-tac-ii-9mm-cz-custom/

legal for ssp, yes or no?

It has a tritium front sight. That make it tacticool as heck. It has to be legal. Because Operator.

<this post contains 100% of your Recommended Daily Allowance of sarcasm>

6 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

It has a tritium front sight. That make it tacticool as heck. It has to be legal. Because Operator.

<this post contains 100% of your Recommended Daily Allowance of sarcasm>

Hey! Who said it was ok for you to post outside the Tanfo sub forum? Back with you!