Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Catagory differences between registration pg & Nook

Nimitz

When I setup a registration page from my laptop (windows) & use the 'add default field" option to setup divisions, categories, etc the center fire division options are always spelled out... ie: Production instead of PROD or Open vice OPN, etc. When I setup the match in Practiscore on my master Nook I was told to always just use the "4 letter' versions of the divisions & not any of the other options you can select from the menu. There are choices such as 'CF Production", "Production" & "PROD", otherwise I'd get shooter division error messages.

I have app version 1.670 (2) on my master Nook. Is there a newer version of the app that addresses this? It's a PITA to have to go change every center fire shooter's category on my Nook ...

When I setup the match in Practiscore on my master Nook I was told to always just use the "4 letter' versions of the divisions & not any of the other options you can select from the menu.

Your were told wrong. Leave divisions as they are coming down when you pull registration using match pin# or when you create match on device using a proper match template for a given match type.

Maybe it was due to the old version I had on my Nooks but when I used to do that I get errors saying some shooters divisions were not correct. When I setup a Steel Challenge match on my master nook I have to select which divisions from that long list which includes several different ways for each division. Production, CF Production & PROD are all options to pick. Should I just select the ones that correspond to the way they are in the "default fields" when setting up a registration page?

You are not telling what software you are using and it also sounds as you are calling an ios device like ipad or iphone as "master Nook". If that is the case, the list of divisions you are seeing is made of all division names you ever used on that device and many of them may not be relevant anymore. So, the only valid ones are those that came from the match template by default. In a new app version there is also an option to restore default match divisions.

I'm creating the registration page for my matches on my laptop (window 7). I then import the registartion on my IPad which I use as the master which is where I was seeing all those 'versions' (PROD, Production, CF Production as examples). So from now on I'll just use the default names from when I create the reg page for when I create the match on my IPad ...

yeah, on my Ipad when I create a match there are all those funky division choices...

For USPSA matches USPSA HQ wants you to use Limited but for Steel Challenge we still use LTD so that may be part of the problem The easiest way to fix the issue is to import the match registration then go to Shooters/Squads -> Divisions and then you should see a restore option (I think that's what it's called - I'm doing this from memory). Once you select that you should see one or more people with invalid divisions. You can then easily change Limited to LTD, etc. and that will get things fixed up. I had to do that for my match this past weekend.

Zack: your way is the direct opposite of what euxx says to do it ... :)

when you import a registration from Practiscore all the divisions are already spelled out (production, Limited, Open) since that is the way they are when you create a registration page using the 'use default fields" option. Why would you have to "restore" anything before changing divisions to PROD, LTD & OPN? And as long as I select the same nomenclature on my Ipad so the divisions match won't that work without doing anything??

Zack: your way is the direct opposite of what euxx says to do it ... :)

That's normal for euxx and me :)

For USPSA pistol matches they use Limited but for steel challenge they (USPSA) still use LTD. Eventually they will be the same for both match types.

Nimitz, Production for USPSA/IPSC, but PROD for Steel Challenge. If divisions are not correct after import - change/fix them accordingly. Corresponding default match templates have correct divisions.

Though the ipad app still shows not only the default divisions on the division editing page, but all history of all ever used divisions for given match type. To me it was doing more confusion than any good and I removed division history all together in one of the recent android app releases. With the match templates and match clone function you don't really need that division history (and it was mostly useful for timeplus matches anyways).