Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bersa Thunder 9 Pro XT

Kingman

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess the one I have seen being shot in Production class over the last few months wasn't legal :-/

L10 minor baby
Yeah, but that is not the division I had seen it run in. I guess it doesn't matter now but it am surprised.

I know it has been asked before, but as there is a dearth of information on this intriguing pistol, would someone who has been shooting the XT be willing to post another update? I would love a metal DA/SA compliment to my Walther PPQ and, as much as I love my SP-01 mediocre trigger and all, I don’t want it modified nor to shell out for a tuned Shadow (well, perhaps if there is a sell off once the Shadow 2 comes around).

Regardless thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. Otherwise, I would have never known about this pistol or learned more about Bersa’s firearms.

I like the grip. Nice gun. Needs the longer release though.

So I can hit the release on my 2011 without moving the gun in my hand. I can't on this Pistol.

Has the trigger broken in at all? I hope Bersa gets the extended release to the US.

• 2 months later...

Debating on getting one as soon as they become available here in Canada (waiting on the importer).

I am currently shooting a Grand Power XCalibur which, I really like, but without seeing one or holding one I am feeling very tempted to get one of these Bersas.

22 hours ago, P.E. Kelley said:

Thank you for posting my video review of the Bersa.  I really, really like it! (the gun, well the video ain't bad either)

My pleasure Patrick, good job, I really enjoy your videos, there is a lot of good info and no nonsense, no intro with music, silly logos, egos, or silly 'staged' shooting, a few you tubers come to mind, anyway.

I left a question on youtube for you, but I am going to ask the same question here just for everyone else to see:

In between the Bersa and the Grand Power Xcal, which one would you prefer or like more and why?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Avenida said:

My pleasure Patrick, good job, I really enjoy your videos, there is a lot of good info and no nonsense, no intro with music, silly logos, egos, or silly 'staged' shooting, a few you tubers come to mind, anyway.

I left a question on youtube for you, but I am going to ask the same question here just for everyone else to see:

In between the Bersa and the Grand Power Xcal, which one would you prefer or like more and why?

Thank you.

I would have to spend some time on the range with both to come up with an answer.  I am pretty close to not having shot the same gun twice in 2 years and that makes it is tough to remember what I thought about what?!?!?

Off the top...both are wicked accurate. Both have great triggers. Both have great sights. The Xcal had interchangeable back straps, the Bersa doesn't. The Bersa mags hold 17 the Xcal 15. Beyond that...I would have to go shoot them for a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

So I don't know jack about production rules (because there are so many of the little ins and outs of what is legal or not.. can't keep up with it), if they started selling the extended mag release would it be legal to put one into this gun? Or would it only be legal after they start selling this gun with it from the factory?

Also, has anyone tried to do a little trigger work to it and see if you can clean it up at all? What kind of hammer springs does it use, do they sell lighter ones?

On 10/3/2016 at 0:28 AM, Gooldylocks said:

If they started selling the extended mag release would it be legal to put one into this gun? Or would it only be legal after they start selling this gun with it from the factory?

Its has a factory-equipped part off of another Production legal firearm. Tanfoglio's Xtreme Sear, trigger, hammer, and springs are legal to drop into any Stock 2... because they are parts used in the Stock 2 Xtreme.

If Bersa equipped some of these guns with the extended release from the factory, they'd be legal to grab for a few bucks and stick into yours, too.

Just now, MemphisMechanic said:

Its has a factory-equipped part off of another Production legal firearm. Tanfoglio's Xtreme Sear, trigger, hammer, and springs are legal to drop into any Stock 2... because they are parts used in the Stock 2 Xtreme.

If Bersa equipped some of these guns with the extended release from the factory, they'd be legal to grab for a few bucks and stick into yours, too.

good point. Hadn't thought about that. 

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/15/2016 at 12:23 PM, P.E. Kelley said:

I would have to spend some time on the range with both to come up with an answer.  I am pretty close to not having shot the same gun twice in 2 years and that makes it is tough to remember what I thought about what?!?!?

Off the top...both are wicked accurate. Both have great triggers. Both have great sights. The Xcal had interchangeable back straps, the Bersa doesn't. The Bersa mags hold 17 the Xcal 15. Beyond that...I would have to go shoot them for a bit.

I was very impress by XT Pro from your video. I own a UC Pro as my carry gun. 

The only thing I don't like the UC Pro is the half sized tail. Can't call it beaver tail, and it bite me all the time. 

How would you feel about XT Pro tail?  

2 hours ago, williamL said:

I was very impress by XT Pro from your video. I own a UC Pro as my carry gun. 

The only thing I don't like the UC Pro is the half sized tail. Can't call it beaver tail, and it bite me all the time. 

How would you feel about XT Pro tail?  

It is plenty long for me.  I really like the pistol, I wish I had more time to shoot it!

It will be part of a "shoot-out" of my most accurate 9mm handguns!

33 minutes ago, P.E. Kelley said:

It is plenty long for me.  I really like the pistol, I wish I had more time to shoot it!

sweet, can't wait for this. I am considering a bersa just to play around. You cant go wrong for the price with 5 mags. 

1 hour ago, P.E. Kelley said:

One more question, even I am sure this is not my last question. 

You said you use some solvent to remove over greased gun. Do you remember what is the solvent? 

From my only bad experience of the UC Pro is the barrel is so dirty and hard to remove those stuff. So I end up polish the barrel to become stainless steel glass mirror. 

If solvent can do the magic, I don’t want to polish a 5 inch barrel again.