Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland USPSA kit and bladetech holster

Rye

Hello: It is an easy adapter to make. Working on the one for my single stack right now. It needs to hold the holster up higher than my limited holster. The limited one is 4 drilled holes and 2 tapped holes. The single stack one will have 3 drilled holes and about 8 tapped holes. Thanks, Eric

Hello: It is an easy adapter to make. Working on the one for my single stack right now. It needs to hold the holster up higher than my limited holster. The limited one is 4 drilled holes and 2 tapped holes. The single stack one will have 3 drilled holes and about 8 tapped holes. Thanks, Eric

"Easy" is relative. Sounds like you have access to Tap and die kit... and other tools that most of us don't have at hand. ;)

I would like to see a picture of your adaptor :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello: Well I tried the new adapter I made, I am now on version 4 which will work for single stack and limited type pistols. I ran into 2 problems with the USPSA kit. I broke 3 of the straps that fasten the mount to the belt. They seem to be a cheap cast piece and broke right at the attachment screw. I e-mailed Safariland on Monday and Wednesday about getting a replacement but never heard back from them which kinda sucks. I will be calling them Monday to see what they suggest. Having a holster fall off my belt would not be cool. Thanks, Eric

Here are two photos I just took of the bracket I just fabricated. I am going to clean them up today by rounding off the corners and trimming off some stock. I would have done that straight away, but I needed it for a match yesterday.

It was a fairly simple build. I just picked up some aluminum strap in the hardware section at Lowes and a 10x#24 tap. I cut the aluminum to size with my Dremel Tool then marked the location of all of the holes for the holster and the Safariland ball joint. The bracket just needs holes big enough to fit the T-Nuts. For the Ball Joint taping the hole is easy in the aluminum. Everything got a dab of Blue Loctite. The whole fabrication took only 30 minutes total.

IMG_0469_zps1sbnb9sw.jpg

IMG_0471_zpstldzq6qn.jpg

Edited by mike821504

Mike: That looks good to me. It will work for a limited gun but will be too low for a Single Stack setup where the gun has to sit higher up. I made a couple for the limited setup before I got it right but only one for the single stack setup so far. I will take some pics today. Thanks, Eric

• 1 year later...
On 6/12/2017 at 4:20 PM, jon49erfan said:

GspMqWJl.jpg

So you are running an ELS belt with an ELS fork. Are you still good on the 2-1/8in rule? I was thinking of getting the same setup but using a QLS fork. Could you share your offset measurement from inside of belt? I'd be using with Shadow 2. Thanks

Edit: @jon49erfan forgot to ask about durability? I've read some people are stripping out holes on the Safariland kit due to cheap material but it was mostly with the belt attachment, you're not and I won't be using. Have you had any other issues with durability or holes stripping?

Edited by jcoeng

I just took delivery of my Safariland USPSA KIT (the new model is called "USPSA KIIT -2") - and the mounting works correctly with both BladeTech and Comp Tac International series holsters. All three holes line up correctly with Comp Tac.

Very nice piece of kit - my recommendation would be to purchase from Midway or Brownells and get it well below MSRP, as opposed to purchasing from Safariland direct at MSRP.

Edited by Chuck TLE