Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power After Market

rbebeau

I think whoever starts doing quality custom gunsmith work on them sooner rather then later will become very popular in the future because of it. It's a service I can't seem to find in the US. If they beat others to providing it word of mouth on forums and elsewhere will make them the goto custom shop even after more places or people offer it once grand power becomes even more known and popular. If I was a gunsmith I know I would be talking to grand power about a armour class. If anyone does find a gunsmith who does work on them let me know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

You can improve the Xcal trigger as well. I've been experimenting with mine and have more parts coming to see how great it can really get. Any modification to the hammer/sear interaction and you need to modify the safety to keep it functional.

I've also done up a hammer spring backer that fits the Tanfoglio hammer springs to keep them centered better and stacking correctly.

Basic polishing goes a bit.

Removing part 52 helps.

You can also play with that part.

There is a damn good gunsmith that has some amazing work on them. He currently has both my guns. I am sponsored by Eagle Imports and once they are done I will disclose results.

• 5 weeks later...

Removing part 52 helps.

There is a damn good gunsmith that has some amazing work on them. He currently has both my guns. I am sponsored by Eagle Imports and once they are done I will disclose results.

Get your xcals back yet?

CZ sight cuts on the newest models, I didn't know until after I got my sight from Dawson, since they don't show a photo of the FO sight that shows the bottom of the sight. The cross pin isn't in the exact location, but it will work with mods.

CZ sight cuts on the newest models, I didn't know until after I got my sight from Dawson, since they don't show a photo of the FO sight that shows the bottom of the sight. The cross pin isn't in the exact location, but it will work with mods.

So we can fit CZ sights on a GP? Any specific model for Tritium?

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered new front sight from Dawson. Be used Dawson's sight for CZ , but had to file down dovetail a bit. Worked fine for about 3k rounds , then I lost it , it just popped off.

Called Dawson and order one designed for GP , turned out that even if it's not on their website , they do make them. Should be here next week. I'll report then.

• 3 weeks later...

I found the trigger bar was a little snug against the polymer frame on both my X-Cals. Did a bit of stoning to debur the sharp edges and polishing. Also a light polish to the DA contact points on the hammer and trigger bar. Dropped SA/DA pulls from 3lb 4oz / 9lb 3oz to 2lbs 6oz / 7lb 8oz and eliminated that little hump at the bottom of the DA trigger pull.

Also switched to the steel mag base plates, and added a 1/8" rubber pad to the botto of them because I was breaking the retaining flange off the mag body after multiple drops on concrete floors.

Removing part 52 helps.

I should finally be picking up my x-calibur tomorrow and was wondering who the gunsmith you used was? Also if I plan on sending it to someone should I even mess with it myself like removing part 52?

• 2 weeks later...

Henning's stuff is prime quality. Had I seen his stuff and met the guy before, I would have bought his stuff, instead I've got Scott Springer's pads and they perform as expected.

Henning's has that "extra mile" quality on all of his parts. His extended base pad for playing steel matches and limited minor are nice.

I also have an extended pad from CZ Custom, it works fine and with the follower and spring, gets you to 22 rounds but... it will not slide lock unless a bit of work is done on it.

Springer has some nice grip tapes.