Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What BB weight are you using?

Ultraweasel

Hi Guys,

I have a maximum backyard range of about 9 yards.

In my TM Hi Capa I've tried .3, .36 and .43g BB's.

I seem to get best consistency with .36's at about 250 fps.

.43's appear to shoot to a similar poi, which is quite intereresting...

'cos I want to shoot (thin) steels, A heavier BB is better, right?

Any comments from you guys/gals with experience?

Thanks,

Ultraweasel.

Hi tha1000,

Sorry, just realised I hadn't populated my profile with my details! :(

I'm from the UK, so where I buy BB's from probably won't help you...

But for info., I use Blaster Devil BB's and buy them in bottles of 3000 for £25 for 0.36's and £27.50 for the 0.43's.

I do apologise.

With regard to 0.3's shooting high in your Hi Capa - a couple of thoughts:

What distance are you shooting at?

What 'hop up' settings are you using? - even at short ranges (~10 yards) you can 'over hop' these things! (Especially with the TM Hop-Up, which is regarded as one of the best stock 'Hop-Up' systems, I believe?

One of the reasons I use heavier BB's is to 'de-sensetise' the 'hop-up' adjustment.

This is based on my, currently, unscientific testing. I now intend to attempt to conduct more 'fact' based testing to ascertain what does and doesn't work at the range(s) I have available (~9yds in my case).

Is your Hi Capa a TM? Is it standard?

I feel that, because Airsoft velocities are so much lower than firearms, you can find that errors in trigger control, etc. can be highlighted.

Not saying you have that issue, but it can be a good way of seeing if there are issues that can be worked on?

Another thing I've noticed on my TM Hi-Capa is that the sights are, erm, crap. I'm working on machining them into a state where they work with the right amount of 'white' for the front sight in the rear sight notch. My milling machine is coming out to play! :)

Cheers,

UltraWeasel.

P.S. I'm no way near an 'expert' on these things, I'm just a guy who shot handguns in the UK when they were legal, and now they aren't, we have to play with 'toys'. Shame, but there you are - we have to work with with what we can get...

Mine is a KJW with the hop up dialed all the way down. Shoots about 2" high at 10 feet with .25 gram bb's. is acceptable with .3 bb's, but the bb's i have do not feed as well as they dont appear to be as polished as the .25's I have. Basically looking for a high quality .3 bb and I think that will get me where I want to be.

• 1 month later...

I used to work for evike.com, so I used to see what most of the better/frequenter players would use. Generally they would either run .25grams or .3 gram bbs. I would recommend the elite force bbs. They are some of the best feeding ones out there.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...