Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grams mag springs

bokbok_05

On December 31, 2015 at 11:17 PM, Sarge said:

Kind of. Remember, they need changed a few times a year so buy them in 10 packs. Shooters Connection will have the best prices. Especially if you use your BE discount. :)

Do we get a BE discount

In order for me to get the best life from my springs like car tires I rotate my springs when I clean my mags after a match.

Springs get weak when they're cycled. Mag #1 will get loaded and unloaded more than #4.

My mags are numbered and after a match I take all the mags apart at the same time for a good cleaning.

I then take spring and follower from mag#1 and rotate it to mag #4, #2 goes in #1, #3 to #2 and so on.

Its been working for me.

2 hours ago, WaJim said:

In order for me to get the best life from my springs like car tires I rotate my springs when I clean my mags after a match.

Springs get weak when they're cycled. Mag #1 will get loaded and unloaded more than #4.

My mags are numbered and after a match I take all the mags apart at the same time for a good cleaning.

I then take spring and follower from mag#1 and rotate it to mag #4, #2 goes in #1, #3 to #2 and so on.

Its been working for me.

I just rotate through mags myself. 

I guess I would as well if my #1 mag wasn't different than the rest.

It has a slightly different base plate or tube and will take one more round than the others.

I wouldn't trust it on a reload but works well at the start.

• 7 months later...

I change my Grams springs once per year. More if I feel the tension lightening at all, but so far I've never had an issue. Call Bevin Grams if you have questions, I've met him in person and he is a wealth of information. He's forgotten more than most of us know about magazine springs, followers, etc. 

1 minute ago, IFlynn said:

Call Bevin Grams if you have questions, I've met him in person and he is a wealth of information. He's forgotten more than most of us know about magazine springs, followers, etc. 

:bow: