Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TacAR stock by Royal Arms International

FortesInFide

I had one on a regular A2 buffer tube, haven't tried one on a carbine stock which may eliminate one of the problems I had.

The first problem I had was I wanted the advertised flush cup QD mounts on each side, the unit I received didn't have them. The photos on the web page at that time clearly showed them. The web photos today do not show the flush cups but the ad copy description still lists them first. I exchanged a couple of phone calls and they agreed to swap the stock for one with the QD mounts which they did very quickly.

The second problem was not clamping tight on the buffer tube. I measured the buffer tube and it was 1.112", so I dug around in the spare parts until I found one that was 1.120". It was a better fit, but would still move around if handled roughly. As a temporary fix I put a thin piece of polypropylene tape between the buffer tube and the stock clamp. That mostly fixed the stock from moving. If I put it back on I'll remove some material from between the clamp edges to allow it to squeeze tighter.

The next problem was the cheek piece would tilt up & down slightly at the front because the guide slots were wider than the guide tabs and the single clamping screw on each side just became a pivot point. I drilled and tapped for two additional clamp screws. The ad copy on the web page also lists the cheek piece is covered in mole skin for a smooth comfortable feel. It doesn't have any mole skin.

The last issue was the delrin butt plate was too slippery for my preference. They used to list a version with a Limbsaver butt pad, so I modified the delrin butt plate to accept a 5" Limbsaver butt pad for a Beretta shotgun.

After all that it worked OK, but I eventually went back to an Ace AFRX stock.

Edited by Ming the Merciless

Not sure I sent them an email asking a while ago. Didn't get a response

If you are interested in one, I have a new one w/Limbsaver that I'm selling. The base pad needs to be sanded down to match the Limbsaver, I have yet to do that.

IM if interested, I'll sell at a good price.

Chris

I just got the carbine version, it fits good and clamps on tight. Only problem I had was charging handle interference and had to trim 3/4" off the cheek piece. Depending on the height you like the cheek piece set at, that may not be a problem for you.

• 1 year later...
On December 7, 2015 at 7:36 PM, HeyChris said:

If you are interested in one, I have a new one w/Limbsaver that I'm selling. The base pad needs to be sanded down to match the Limbsaver, I have yet to do that.

IM if interested, I'll sell at a good price.

Chris

Still have it?