Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DK Trigger Custom vs Basic Kit

Alw041

I have finally decided to purchase a DK Trigger Kit, but I cannot decide on whether to get the Custom or the Basic Kit. Is the extra money worth getting a light weight striker? It is going on a Glock g34 gen4 mostly used in 3gun and IDPA.

I have several DK basic kits in my 6 Glocks..... You can do most of the other stuff yourself. IF your adventurous there is plenty of info on this site.... I don't use a lightened striker but do change most of the internal springs to suit my task....... I have ruined a few trigger bars...Have fun... Best buy the armour's thingie that fits in the rear of the slide if you tinker...

I've also been thinking about ordering a DK trigger kit. Is the only difference between the basic and full kit the lightened striker? So you can use a 4lb striker spring with the lightened striker, but need a 4.5lb without, that's the only difference? Trigger then feels the same just a tiny bit heavier with the heavier striker spring?

• 6 months later...

Didn't want to start a new thread but wanted more input on the topic. I'm ready to buy one of his triggers but I am wondering if I should wait and save a little longer to buy the custom with the striker. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 3 of the DK Custom Kits that I am very pleased with.

If you are going to go,,,,, go top shelf and get the Custom Kit.

BTW,,,,, I am using Winchester Primers with no problems,

Edited by Philip Dedmon

It took me a while to distinguish the differences between the kits before ordering. After some correspondence with Dan, I went with the Custom. You get a lightened striker that comes pre-assembled for what is approximately a 25% discount.

I will say after spending a lot of time behind a ghost ultimate, I put the DK Custom in and laughed to myself- it was that good.

Oh, and I run CCI's (and some win) seated on an SDB

Basic kit for me, after owning both. Full kit is nice but not enough nicer to justify the price Delta.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

any issues with light primer strikes?

It took me a while to distinguish the differences between the kits before ordering. After some correspondence with Dan, I went with the Custom. You get a lightened striker that comes pre-assembled for what is approximately a 25% discount.

I will say after spending a lot of time behind a ghost ultimate, I put the DK Custom in and laughed to myself- it was that good.

Oh, and I run CCI's (and some win) seated on an SDB

is the only benefit reduced primer strikes? I need to contact him. How did you contact him?

Its my understanding that the only way to get light primer strikes is with too light of a striker spring. Lightening the striker allows you to run a lighter striker spring which Dan says will lighten your pull .25-.5lbs (4-8 oz.).

If you run a standard weight striker and too light of a spring is where you will run into trouble. So as long as you pair the appropriate spring with the corresponding striker you wont have to worry about light strikes.

I used all three forms of contact: email, phone, and private message on this sight. He answered one of the times I called and responded to some of my PM's. The dude has a lot going on for sure, but its worth the wait!

Basic kit for me, after owning both. Full kit is nice but not enough nicer to justify the price Delta.

None with fresh 4.5# striker springs.

I change mine very frequently, probably every 3K rounds or so. Cheap insurance.

I have the Custom DK in both my G34 and G19. The 34 is for range use and I started out with the supplied 4# striker spring. Trigger pull showed 3#. Had no problems at first, then one day I had 2 misfires due to light strikes. I switched to the 4.5# spring (also supplied) and have not had a problem since. I use the same spring in my 19, with both guns now pulling at 3.5#.

None with fresh 4.5# striker springs.

I change mine very frequently, probably every 3K rounds or so. Cheap insurance.

Same here. I use a 4.5 lb spring and change it every 5,000 rounds..

The full kit is badass. It's as light and short you'll get a glock trigger. If you are doing it get the full kit with the striker.

However, I also like stock triggers with a standard or dot connector with an extra power trigger spring and either a 5lb striker spring or 4-4.5lb with an aftermarket striker.

I'm not a fan of the creep you get with a minus connector. I'd rather give up some weight and get more crispness with a heavier connector and lose weight with springs.

My experience is with the Vanek trigger, but when I used the factory striker I would get light strikes with the lightest spring and WSP primers. When I used his supplied Jager striker, it ran 100%. I was very happy with that striker from him. That being said, I wasn't seeing anywhere near the 2# pull he advertises with the GM Classic kit, even with the lightest spring. It was nice with a positive reset, but much closer to 3 than 2.

If I were to do it over again, I can't see any of the kits being something I couldn't get by working it over myself. Wolff springs and a Ghost connector got me about 85% of the trigger for like 15% of the cost. Even the most expensive of these various kits that I've felt still have a somewhat creepy break and moderately mushy and kind of slow reset... there is only so much you can do with stamped metal parts at the fact that you still need to pull that striker back with the trigger.

My experience is with the Vanek trigger, but when I used the factory striker I would get light strikes with the lightest spring and WSP primers. When I used his supplied Jager striker, it ran 100%. I was very happy with that striker from him. That being said, I wasn't seeing anywhere near the 2# pull he advertises with the GM Classic kit, even with the lightest spring. It was nice with a positive reset, but much closer to 3 than 2.

If I were to do it over again, I can't see any of the kits being something I couldn't get by working it over myself. Wolff springs and a Ghost connector got me about 85% of the trigger for like 15% of the cost. Even the most expensive of these various kits that I've felt still have a somewhat creepy break and moderately mushy and kind of slow reset... there is only so much you can do with stamped metal parts at the fact that you still need to pull that striker back with the trigger.

The mushiness is from the connector. All these kits use minus connectors. If you give up some weight and go to a dot or standard connector it cleans up the pull a ton. Still light but it won't be 2.5-3lbs. (Gen 3's typically .5lb lighter with the same setup)

The mushiness is from the connector. All these kits use minus connectors. If you give up some weight and go to a dot or standard connector it cleans up the pull a ton. Still light but it won't be 2.5-3lbs. (Gen 3's typically .5lb lighter with the same setup)
I keep reading the term "dot connector". What exactly is that?