Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom 75BD Compact

kfd147

Thought I would show off my custom project that I have been working on for a few months. Tungsten cerakote over Burnt Bronze with Graphite Black controls. Shadow hammer milled for a decocker and all the sharp edges removed and blended. This is going to be my CCW. How does it look?

8cc6f6d92cda030784a434bf96553a63.jpg

13efa58d2cff8185ce356cadb39539db.jpg

1f6198702cb621fe3fc045db21d33960.jpg

Jason

This is a steel framed compact. But I would have liked to have gotten my hands on an alloy frame pistol. I noticed that the Protek's don't have the firing pin block and I was going to use this as an IDPA CCP gun too.

Pro-tek's do have a firing pin block. They use a solid pin so it might harder to see in the pictures, but it's there. The only compact I know of that doesn't have a fpb is a shadowline compact.

This is a steel framed compact. But I would have liked to have gotten my hands on an alloy frame pistol. I noticed that the Protek's don't have the firing pin block and I was going to use this as an IDPA CCP gun too.

Really? I had my hands on one earlier this year that was tri-topped and milled for a Novak type adjustable rear sight and it did not have a FPB because the sight cut exposed the FPB channel. I thought all were like that. Now that I have checked CZC's website it does say that the FPB is left intact. I guess I learned something. ;-)

Jason

• 2 years later...