Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who is winning?

obsessiveshooter

I've never really tried to follow the Nationals, but this year I'm wanting to see how some local shooters are doing. You would think the USPSA website would have some updates, news items or maybe make it easy to see whether there is still another day of shooting or if the results posted are final. I just want some real-time way to follow along. I guess I'm asking too much?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While not real time, the squad schedule and interim scores can be seen at uspsa.org. By rule, the scores are not final until 1 hour after all competitors have completed a match. So, look at the last slot on the squad schedule and determine the earliest time that the final scores could be posted. Not perfect but it will get your there.

Hope this helps,

Chuck

I've never really tried to follow the Nationals, but this year I'm wanting to see how some local shooters are doing. You would think the USPSA website would have some updates, news items or maybe make it easy to see whether there is still another day of shooting or if the results posted are final. I just want some real-time way to follow along. I guess I'm asking too much?

There are a few videos and photos on USPSA's Facebook page. Live videos and real-time scoring are all possible provided that PractiScore is used, but there seems to be little inclination for that to happen at Nationals.

Just go here: http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=16021

Type in their Name or USPSA number in the little box at the bottom and you can see their complete stage profile.

For instance, here is TGOs: http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?action=summary&indx=16021&compid=306

Then, you can look at the stage profiles and see how many points they have left. You can actually get a pretty good read on who is contending for the lead if you are interested, or what the projected match percentage will be for anyone in the match.

Scores were pushed to USPSA on average every 90 minutes or so throughout the match. Listed under major matches. That's about as fast as we can do it using paper scoring as USPSA mandated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given that they were using paper scoring they got the scores input and uploaded in record time and on a regular basis which was amazing if you ask me. 21 stages times 300 competitors is a CRAP TON of manual score input. There are probably several people with their 10 key fingers having been worked to the nub!!!

Edited by CHA-LEE

To everyone who worked hard to run the match, score it and upload results, Thank You! I don't want to diminish any of that hard work. I just wish USPSA on an organizational level would try to turn these matches into a user-friendly media event on some scale, where following along is easy and there is something more than just raw data to interpret. Maybe some captions telling how the match is going could be added to the facebook video posts, for a start?

Scores were pushed to USPSA on average every 90 minutes or so throughout the match. Listed under major matches. That's about as fast as we can do it using paper scoring as USPSA mandated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A job well done. It seemed like the scores were updated very hour or less on the final day. Fun battle to watch thru the results.

21 stages times 300 competitors is a CRAP TON of manual score input. There are probably several people with their 10 key fingers having been worked to the nub!!!

Needlessly, given the ease of scoring and instant posting of results that's simple to do with Practiscore.

21 stages times 300 competitors is a CRAP TON of manual score input. There are probably several people with their 10 key fingers having been worked to the nub!!!

Needlessly, given the ease of scoring and instant posting of results that's simple to do with Practiscore.

I have never seen scores updated so frequently with practiscore, and there was no delay in finals. It was impressive no matter how they went up.

Edited by dirty whiteboy

Was TJ shooting minor intentionally, or was it discovered at the chrono?

If he was doing it intentionally, he is my hero, too. That is like bringing a dagger to ta sword fight with that crowd! :cheers:

Thanks for the report.

I understand he has been shooting 3-gun stuff so I thought maybe, just maybe, he was using his 3G gear and shooting minor on purpose for some reason.

I can only imagine the sadness at the chrono with the 164.8 pf call. Of course, he still did dang good...shooting minor with a .40!

But they weren't using Practiscore for input. It was done the old fashioned way on paper.