Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me chose a 3 Gun Shotgun

BC27

Alpine Shooting Range in Fort Worth has Accurate Iron full race package M2's in stock and ready to ship...no waiting. I believe they stock 21's, 24's and 26 inch barrel guns. You can PM me for Details.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alpine Shooting Range in Fort Worth has Accurate Iron full race package M2's in stock and ready to ship...no waiting. I believe they stock 21's, 24's and 26 inch barrel guns. You can PM me for Details.

Wow...these are expensive. I called....$2500.00 for the 24" model. :surprise:

The base model M2 is 1299.00 the race package from Accurate Iron is 950.00, So that 2249 before taxes or shipping then Alpine has to make a little something....Buy once cry once if you want the best...If a person cant swing it there are always Mossbergs and Stoegers....ofcoarse then they would need to change the screen name to TimexJohn...lmao

Edited by RWatts

The base model M2 is 1299.00 the race package from Accurate Iron is 950.00, So that 2249 before taxes or shipping then Alpine has to make a little something....Buy once cry once if you want the best...If a person cant swing it there are always Mossburgs and Stoegers....of coarse then they would need to change the screen name to TimexJohn...lmao

Yeah, they have a $250.00 "convenience fee" which is as understandable as it is undesirable. I'd buy a Benelli M2 3 Gun Performance Center before I'd buy that.

Well with absolutely no personal attachment to either Benelli or Alpine shooting range, I can say this with no doubt or reservation, the Accurate Iron full race package done on an M2 is FAR better and much more is done to the gun than Benelli "factory race" package from the "custom shop".

The work of Triangle and Accurate Iron are equivalent, but Benelli dictated how much is done to their custom shop gun (I know Benny wanted to do more on them, but Benelli didn't want to pay for it). You are much better off if you buy an M2 and have the full package done by either of the above mentioned shops than you are buying a custom shop gun.

BTW Triangle no longer does the Benelli custom shop guns.

Well with absolutely no personal attachment to either Benelli or Alpine shooting range, I can say this with no doubt or reservation, the Accurate Iron full race package done on an M2 is FAR better and much more is done to the gun than Benelli "factory race" package from the "custom shop".

The work of Triangle and Accurate Iron are equivalent, but Benelli dictated how much is done to their custom shop gun (I know Benny wanted to do more on them, but Benelli didn't want to pay for it). You are much better off if you buy an M2 and have the full package done by either of the above mentioned shops than you are buying a custom shop gun.

BTW Triangle no longer does the Benelli custom shop guns.

Source please? I've read elsewhere that the custom shop M2 is nearly identical to what Benny puts out.

I can buy this gun at a steep discount so it's my preferred choice.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Having recently made this decision, you should consider a few things. IMO, the Benelli 3 Gun Custom Shop model is a bit outdated and inflated in price (as others have pointed out).

Outdated in that the majority of current 3 gun shooters have now progressed to 24 to 26 inch barrels (Benelli 3 Gun Custom Shop is only available with a 21 inch barrel). Also, most shooters quad load now and the porting on the Benelli 3 Gun Custom Shop model is set-up for deuce loading and not really opened up adequately for fast quad loading.

Regarding the price of the Benelli 3 Gun Custom Shop model, it is comparable in price to a full blown AI, TTI or Triangle M2 but with only about half the work done to it. It does not have grip stippling (about $150), Lightened bolt (about $100), Mag tube Ext. and clamp ($70 for the tube and $30 for the clamp). Barrel tuning for POA/POI (about $75 to $100). That's about $500 in upgrades.

So if your discount can get you the Benelli 3 Gun Custom Shop model for $1,600, you're kinda just breaking even for what you get for your money and you may still wish you had a 24 or 26 inch barrel and you also might need to send it to one of the tuners anyway to open the port up more.

Just some food for thought from a guy that just went though this exact thing, good luck on your choice!

Edited by BC27

Rolexjohn, sources?? Me! If you don't know the weight that carries you either need to do a lot more research, or just throw a dart at the "shotgun board"! Because nothing is going to help your decision process.

YES THERE IS!!! It is populated with tons of guns that are going to be " just as good as a Benelli", tons of guns that with just a bit of work will be "just as good as a Benelli" and Benellis that need more work to be "just as good as an AI, TRIANGLE, TTI, ROSE". ON this board there are about 60 spaces to hit, but only 4 spaces are worth any points! :lol:

Having recently made this decision, you should consider a few things. IMO, the Benelli 3 Gun Custom Shop model is a bit outdated and inflated in price (as others have pointed out).

Outdated in that the majority of current 3 gun shooters have now progressed to 24 to 26 inch barrels (Benelli 3 Gun Custom Shop is only available with a 21 inch barrel). Also, most shooters quad load now and the porting on the Benelli 3 Gun Custom Shop model is set-up for deuce loading and not really opened up adequately for fast quad loading.

Regarding the price of the Benelli 3 Gun Custom Shop model, it is comparable in price to a full blown AI, TTI or Triangle M2 but with only about half the work done to it. It does not have grip stippling (about $150), Lightened bolt (about $100), Mag tube Ext. and clamp ($70 for the tube and $30 for the clamp). Barrel tuning for POA/POI (about $75 to $100). That's about $500 in upgrades.

So if your discount can get you the Benelli 3 Gun Custom Shop model for $1,600, you're kinda just breaking even for what you get for your money and you may still wish you had a 24 or 26 inch barrel and you also might need to send it to one of the tuners anyway to open the port up more.

Just some food for thought from a guy that just went though this exact thing, good luck on your choice!

Good thoughts to be sure - I appreciate it.

I've actually ordered the Performance Shop model - it was $1500.00.

At that price, I just don't think I can go wrong. If your right, and I progress to the point where the gun is holding me back, I can make further upgrades to it or sell it and either way still be fine on the cost.

This gun will replace a Remington Versa Max Tactical I've been using at the local tournaments I've been shooting in. I'm not sure at this point with my skill level and the amount of time I can dedicate to it that I can justify going "Big Willy" on a top tier shotgun - I'm not headed to the 3GN Nationals any time soon.

Rolexjohn, sources?? Me! If you don't know the weight that carries you either need to do a lot more research, or just throw a dart at the "shotgun board"! Because nothing is going to help your decision process.

Actually I'm simply trying to deconflict two different data points. Benny Hill has posted here on this site that his shop is who does the work on the Performance Shop M2's, and that essentially the only difference is the lightening of the bolt...which I could send to Benny to do for about another $100.00 I believe.

You've also stated that Benny Hill is no longer doing the "Performance Shop" work on the Benelli 3 Gun Edition M2. I've not seen anything else about this so I'm obviously curious. If Benny Hill isn't the custom shop of choice for Benelli on these guns, who is?

OK, so I called Triangle Shooting Sports and confirmed that they are in fact no longer the custom shop doing the work on the Performance Shop M2 3 Gun Edition guns. The nice lady that I spoke with thought the last shipment they sent to Benelli of guns they worked on went out in November or December of last year.

Now I need to check with Benelli and see if I can figure out who did the customer work on the gun I ordered.

If anyone knows who Benelli selected to replace TSS, I'd love to know.

She is nice isn't she.

Benny stated the "major" difference is the lightened bolt...not the only. ;)

For $1500 you did fine and you will figure out what else you need or want as you go. Great deal!

As to who is building them, I'm sure whomever it is, isn't doing what Triangle did, who didn't do what Briley did when they built them, who didn't do what Salient did when they built them. It is not my place to say.

That explains Mark wanting to buy one of my Benelli alignment guages. :)

RCI / Mark Roth does very good work, like I said you got a great deal, be happy

Edited by kurtm

She is nice isn't she.

Benny stated the "major" difference is the lightened bolt...not the only. ;)

For $1500 you did fine and you will figure out what else you need or want as you go. Great deal!

As to who is building them, I'm sure whomever it is, isn't doing what Triangle did, who didn't do what Briley did when they built them, who didn't do what Salient did when they built them. It is not my place to say.

Wow. This is all quite confusing. Sounds like there are several different variants of this 3 Gun Edition M2 out there. It sure would be nice to know what each custom shop actually did do. I'm trying to get some additional information from Benelli regarding the modifications RCI is doing. However, I have learned that there are some signficant differences in the latest version of the 3 Gun Edition:

-It now comes with a 24" barrel.

-The loading port has been further cut out to allow for quad loading.

-The sights are "different."

-Shell caddy

Hmmm, you are going to rack up a lot of minutes on the old cell phone calling all these companies to find out what they did. :lol:

Or you could spend that money on a case or two of shell and go shoot that cool new gun you bought and figure out what works for you and if it needs anything further or not....hey it,s a Benelli you cant go wrong! ;)

OK...so I received the following on from George Thompson, Senior Product Manager-Benelli:

RCI is the current Performance shop builder on the M2 3 gun edition. It was changed and updated for 2016. Those changes include Mag well cut for Quad Load (new), Modified carrier (same as before), Large bolt handle and bolt release (Now RCI, were Nordic), Hi viz front sight (same as before), XS rear sight dovetailed into the rib (new), Shell caddy (new) RCI Follower installed (was Nordic before) and the change to only a 24" barrel option. There is no trigger work, or inertia system work--impossible to make the best better!

So I'm having trouble identifying anything that TSS did that RCI is not, but it appears the significant changes in 2016 are:

1. Barrel length increased from 21" to 24"

2. Loading port now even larger for quad loading

3. Shell Caddy

Some components have changed from Nordic to RCI...not sure if that's good, bad, or simply personal preference. Thoughts?

Hmmm, you are going to rack up a lot of minutes on the old cell phone calling all these companies to find out what they did. :lol:

Or you could spend that money on a case or two of shell and go shoot that cool new gun you bought and figure out what works for you and if it needs anything further or not....hey it,s a Benelli you cant go wrong! ;)

I placed the order yesterday. I won't ship until next week. So think I have time to change my mind. I'm just trying to understand what I've bought.

You have bought a Benelli M2 with some of the major mods most people think it needs for a real good deal. I personally wouldn't change my mind, you have done well. I guess my point is don't over think it. Get it and shoot it. If you still have doubts about what is done or not done keep this in mind. Stock Benellis with just a tube added have help the shooters win all sorts of matches. If you find that it needs something else done, it can be done at any time.

Stock Benellis with just a tube added have help the shooters win all sorts of matches. If you find that it needs something else done, it can be done at any time.

OK - sound advice. I don't suppose you could recommend a magazine tube? I'm not adverse to buying a couple of different sizes. Midway has Nordic on sale right now.

Also, I see some people saying to skip the tube clamp? Thoughts?

Nordic makes really good stuff. Tac Com makes really good tubes that are very easy to configure into different lengths, I would look at them as well.

I don't like tube clamps, but I do like the tube clamp that Tac Com made from my brothers design....it doesn't clamp the barrel. In general I don't run them, but if I had a gun that looked like an on shore casting rig, I would. (Anything past 10 rounds it so)

For $1,500, it's certainly a good price and worth the cost. Especially if the 2016 revision has brought it up to date. Having said that, if you can get a stock M2 for the equivalent discount (roughly 35% off), you may consider the stock one and sending it to one of the "big four" and have a full blown race ready M2 for around $1700. You would still need a mag ext for the Factory 3 gun model so the difference would only be $100 to $150. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by BC27