Help me chose a 3 Gun Shotgun

BC27

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just not sure why you are using 3500 as a comparison. I asked the difference m3000 and M3k which is a 3gun version of m3000. And also was wondering what does the M3k needs besides the tube. What I was reading seems it is all set. Or am I just missing a bunch of stuff. Thanks

Edited by 1911vm

I asked the difference m3000 and M3k which is a 3gun version of m3000. And also was wondering what does the M3k needs besides the tube. What I was reading seems it is all set. Or am I just missing a bunch of stuff. Thanks

Excellent question! I just put down the cash for an M3K, (my first ever shotgun), and I would love to hear the answer to this.

Bob

The M3K doesn't "need" anything besides the tube. You do need to make sure it will run. At least 100 full power loads. The extractor slot can be finicky sometimes. A file can fix it. Some guys will add a benelli extractor while in there. For me a left hand safety was a must.

A tube and some practice will go further than worrying about hogging out the port or polishing the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want the Benelli M2 and I'd like to send it to TTI but I don't think I can make the schedule work out for the first match. Leaning toward the 1301 now with a tube extension. I figure if I like it, the 1301 will keep me entertained for a while before I go completely hog wild. I also got suggested the new Browning A5 but it appears to only hold 5 rounds and I didn't see a magazine extension for it.

When's your first match?

I want the Benelli M2 and I'd like to send it to TTI but I don't think I can make the schedule work out for the first match. Leaning toward the 1301 now with a tube extension. I figure if I like it, the 1301 will keep me entertained for a while before I go completely hog wild. I also got suggested the new Browning A5 but it appears to only hold 5 rounds and I didn't see a magazine extension for it.

When's your first match?

February, but I've already bought a beretta 1301. Man now I feel bad with you guys being forum members.

When's your first match?

February, but I've already bought a beretta 1301. Man now I feel bad with you guys being forum members.

Np, I was going to see if I could get it turned around for you quickly. We're coming up on about 250 bolts, which is most of the turn-around time.

Enjoy your new shotty!

24" is my favorite!

Moa just got back to me. They do not have any in stock. Suggested for me to get one and send it in.

1st question. Which one should I send in. And 2nd. What work is needed on a M3k, besides the tube? Thanks

I guess getting a M3k at a reasonable price is not an option. My local store price is 579 but they can not get any for now. GB starting bid is 650-699. Plus shipping ,transfer fees get well in to 750-800. Get the moa. Work done well in to 1100+area. So I guess I will wait for the price to drop and continue putting cash aside maybe I will end up with M2 Edited by 1911vm

24" is my favorite!

Moa just got back to me. They do not have any in stock. Suggested for me to get one and send it in.

1st question. Which one should I send in. And 2nd. What work is needed on a M3k, besides the tube? Thanks

I guess getting a M3k at a reasonable price is not an option. My local store price is 579 but they can not get any for now. GB starting bid is 650-699. Plus shipping ,transfer fees get well in to 750-800. Get the moa. Work done well in to 1100+area. So I guess I will wait for the price to drop and continue putting cash aside maybe I will end up with M2

Can you get an M3000?

24" is my favorite!

I guess getting a M3k at a reasonable price is not an option. My local store price is 579 but they can not get any for now. GB starting bid is 650-699. Plus shipping ,transfer fees get well in to 750-800. Get the moa. Work done well in to 1100+area. So I guess I will wait for the price to drop and continue putting cash aside maybe I will end up with M2

Can you get an M3000?

Very small choice in that also. I will just wait. I have been pumping for a while.

Just picked up a M3K from my LGS last week for $589. Was just browsing and saw it sitting on the rack, only one they had.

Also, Cabelas list them for $629, but you would have to check your local store to see if it is in stock.

Bob

They can be more aggressively ported due to the placement of the serial number.

I haven't found a need for that level of porting, but maybe when I get gooder.

Cool thanks for the explanation, they did not tell me why.

Buy the M2 and never look back. I see every other shotgun having reliability issues at various points, but my M2 never fails - ever.

I honestly just do not shot enough to warrant a2500$ gun.

Buy the M2 and never look back. I see every other shotgun having reliability issues at various points, but my M2 never fails - ever.

I see this statement regularly that brand X never fails. If it's mechanical, it Will fail. Some just fail more often. You're fortunate not to see failure in yours.

so to summarize if you are on a budget... :D

under 700 - JM Pro + Or3gun MST + keep it clean

Under 1k Stoeger from MOA or moded Franchi Affinity + Nordic Mag tube

for going above 1k i would wait on the new remi V3...to see how it goes with them in the 3gun ring...

The M3K doesn't "need" anything besides the tube. You do need to make sure it will run. At least 100 full power loads. The extractor slot can be finicky sometimes. A file can fix it. Some guys will add a benelli extractor while in there. For me a left hand safety was a must.

A tube and some practice will go further than worrying about hogging out the port or polishing the trigger.

You mention a left handed safety, can you link me to that? I was under the impression that the M3K safety wasn't reversible. Thanks.

You mention a left handed safety, can you link me to that? I was under the impression that the M3K safety wasn't reversible. Thanks.

Here you go. http://moaprecision.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=m3k-lhs&cat=3&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title=

• 1 month later...

Hard to believe it was September last year when I started this thread. To recap, I decided on the Benelli M2 and although it was more than I wanted to spend originally, I decided to go all in and sent it to Taran Tactical for their full package. Well, after several months, I just got it back. Hope it shoots as good as it looks!

fbb0b455-e76c-4f59-a0f6-c32ce86ef411_zps

Requested porting for Quad loading

a875a816f878a79afe1a90ce247cbf8b_zpsacx5

1d00cf136e67e629eb1a3ba87458a3aa_zps8wj5

Edited by BC27