Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ad blocker / Pop up blocker

Clay1

I did a search and found a post from 2005 but nothing more recent. I run McAfee and have the standard windows popup blocker enabled, I like to watch gun training videos on you T and am getting sick of watching a long advertisement before a 2 minute video. Any ideas for a free program that won't add malware or other junk on my system? Thanks.

• 2 months later...

There isn't an option to block Youtube ads. You either choose to watch fully, skip after it lets you, or don't watch the video itself. It's unlike other static page ads that are easily blocked by ad blockers. YT is owned by Google afterall.

Besides, the videos are free besides your time. You didn't pay for them...

• 1 year later...

I use Firefox and have Adblock Plus in my system.  It keeps the ads on YT from showing up at all before the video and all other ads unless I deactivate it for a specific web page.  I love it!  And it's free as well.

Alan~^~

I went with uBlock Origin. 

What separates them from uBlock and others is that they are not in-cahoots with Advertisers. Others may selectively block some ads and allow others. There are also privacy concerns to consider.  Educate yourself so you can make an informed decision. Good luck.

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock