Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Gun Thumb Rest, Who else uses them?

scooterj

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im running the nitro fin on mine.  If nothing else it gives you a consistent grip.  My trigger finger shooting weak hand does rub on it a little but other than that its solid.  Wouldn't want to go back now. 

20161004_221706.jpg

Edited by CrashDodson

• 2 weeks later...

Man I think it is something people can get dependent on and will hurt them in the long run. Can't say that about everyone but I have seen a few people get affect by this. I don't run the *thumb rest [generic]* for that reason and now I prefer it that way. To each is their own though

• 2 months later...

Does that PT thumbrest offer more shield than the nitro. I'm finding my hands are too big for the nitro and my thumb can still touch the slide at times. I really need the thumb rest a little farther forward but down want to get my frames drilled and tapped. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have found the nitro is not far enough forward for my hands.  I sent off one of my guns to get drilled and tapped for a DAA adjustable thumb rest.  If I like it I will try to get my other gun set for one as well.  I love the index point the thumb rest gives you for your grip.  

2 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

I sent off one of my guns to get drilled and tapped for a DAA adjustable thumb rest. 

What did that run you on top of the new *thumb rest [generic]*? Like $50 range or $150 range? I like that you have the option to add an optic to experiment with before making the leap into open.

• 2 weeks later...
I have small hands, so the Nitro Fin is a perfect fit for my hands.

I just got my new gun with the Fin, only thing I didn't like is not far enough and it feels weird when used on weak hand. Maybe I just need sometime to get used to it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, 90lxracer said:

Who makes that safety, and slide stop and grip safety.. Those are amazing!!

It's the chameleon finish that Freedom Gunworks/CKArms offers on their builds. As far as I know, the parts are not offered with that finish as individual parts. 

• 1 month later...

I picked up a Nitro Fin recently, it took some getting use to. At first it felt as though it wasn't in the correct position for my thumb, but after a lot of practice it def helps! 

IMG_6040.JPG

Edited by Lilmick
Pic added