Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I would like to introduce myself.

apetrulis01

Hello:

My name is Adam Petrulis and I have been a member on Enos for awhile. I recently got picked up by HK in their sponsored shooters program. If there are any questions or anything you would like me to ask HK let me know; I converse with a public relations rep almost daily.

Until then, enjoy your HK pistols and rifles.

Thanks,

Adam

Please please oh please ask our friends at HK to give us a full size 22LR platform! Or how about a conversion kit similar to the ones offered by Advantage Arms for Glock. I love my P30S and will always look for an ambi-friendly platform like the P30. But there are times when it makes sense to train with 22LR.

Thanks and good luck with your shooting!

There actually is a .22 conversion kit available in Europe for the USP, but not for the P30:

http://www.frankonia.de/WE-System%20F-22%20für%20Heckler%20%20%20Koch%20Pistolen/Pro%20Tuning/Ansicht.html?Artikelnummer=163143

I would think it would not be much bother to import a few into the US. The price of these things takes your breath away, but that's not an uncommon experience with all things HK. There was a group over on the HKPro board that was looking at importing a bunch of them.

Hello:

My name is Adam Petrulis and I have been a member on Enos for awhile. I recently got picked up by HK in their sponsored shooters program. If there are any questions or anything you would like me to ask HK let me know; I converse with a public relations rep almost daily.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam, good for you getting picked up by HK. What HK pistol do you shoot, and what kind of matches do you shoot? The most accurate pistol I own is an HK USP Expert in 45, I've shot some one hole 25yd groups with it. That being said, do you have any experience with the Expert in 9mm, is it as accurate as the 45 cal? I love super accurate plastic guns and was thinging of picking one up.

Hopefully you can breath a little life into the HK section here, it sadly doesnt get much activity except for the occational VP9 question.

Hello:

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam, good for you getting picked up by HK. What HK pistol do you shoot, and what kind of matches do you shoot? The most accurate pistol I own is an HK USP Expert in 45, I've shot some one hole 25yd groups with it. That being said, do you have any experience with the Expert in 9mm, is it as accurate as the 45 cal? I love super accurate plastic guns and was thinging of picking one up.

Hopefully you can breath a little life into the HK section here, it sadly doesnt get much activity except for the occational VP9 question.

I shoot the HK P30LS in 9mm. I shoot in IDPA SSP (Master), USPSA production (Master) and 3 gun. I like the P30LS because it allows me double action start for SSP and Production but cocked and locked for 3 gun. The P30 is very accurate which I would give most the credit to the great ergonomics of the grip. I shoot the stock P30 just as good as my Glock 17 which is heavily modified. I do not have any experience with any of the Experts. Although I do have the HK MR556 Competition Rifle on the way and will be giving a review as soon as I get it.

Thanks,

Adam

• 3 weeks later...

I shoot the HK P30LS in 9mm. I shoot in IDPA SSP (Master), USPSA production (Master) and 3 gun. I like the P30LS because it allows me double action start for SSP and Production but cocked and locked for 3 gun. The P30 is very accurate which I would give most the credit to the great ergonomics of the grip. I shoot the stock P30 just as good as my Glock 17 which is heavily modified. I do not have any experience with any of the Experts. Although I do have the HK MR556 Competition Rifle on the way and will be giving a review as soon as I get it.

Thanks,

Adam

Good Morning,

I tried looking you up on the IDPA page but could not find your name listed. I wanted to see your classifier times. Are you no longer a member?

Thanks,

Matt

• 2 months later...

I really like my VP9. It fits into the new IDPA CCP class nicely. Hopelly HK will come out with a long slide SSP and Production legal version sooner rather than later!

You can run the VP9 along side the Glocks and Smith and Wessons. HKparts actually has a guide rod which you can change the recoil springs. The guide rod takes flat wire Glock 19 recoil springs.

Thanks,

Adam

Good Morning,

I tried looking you up on the IDPA page but could not find your name listed. I wanted to see your classifier times. Are you no longer a member?

Thanks,

Matt

Huh. My classifier times should be there and I did renew my membership. I will have to check. The classifier times are really old and shot with a Glock 17. I got match bumps up to master at the Florida State Match when I won Expert and finished 2nd overall in SSP.

I just want to see more VP9s hit the shelf. I'm entering my second year in USPSA and after playing with my duty weapon last year I chose the VP9 this year and am loving it. I finished last year in C class and with all the practice I'm doing while its colder than hell outside I have a goal to start the year jumping to A if I can get the classifiers in.

Good thing the VP9 can take a beating, although it would be nice to have a second to spread out the dry-fire love on that mag well.... lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello:

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

I am shooting a VP9 in production this year and while I really like it, there is a big problem. Parts. Living in Canada, we don't have access to the great amount of parts available in the US. I have heard the same form other people in Europe as well. The problem as I understand it, is that HK, hasn't gotten ITAR approval for export. So you can go to Brownells and order a Smith or a Springfield spring assembly for example, yet you can't for HK. As long as its under $100us it is not a problem. To be fair some Glock parts are not approved either. I know its a bit more complicated that this, but I think the HK's are every bit as good as Sig, and if I can get trigger parts for a 320, why not for an HK?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Adam I have a question.  My VP9 shoots low. I changed the barrel to a threaded one to try it out and it shot fine, put back stock barrel and it shoots low again.  changed the sights to a Dawson competition set and of course it still shoots in the same place. The pistol is over a year old, what should I do?

On 12/15/2016 at 8:49 AM, JunotFranco said:

Adam I have a question.  My VP9 shoots low. I changed the barrel to a threaded one to try it out and it shot fine, put back stock barrel and it shoots low again.  changed the sights to a Dawson competition set and of course it still shoots in the same place. The pistol is over a year old, what should I do?

Unfortunately sometimes this happens. Did you by the Competition sight set from Dawson? If so, you can call them with what distance you are shooting at and how many inches it is hitting low and they will send you a front sight for free to fix the point of impact.