Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cash Payout Fun Match

My local range has a weekly steel match for fun but wants to have a Fun Shoot with cash payouts. They are still working out some of the details. So far the plan is 4 stages of 5 steel with 4 runs on each stage. The slowest time on each stage will be dropped. Their will be three divisions open, limited and production. The payout to shooters will be 70% of all entry fees. Their will also be one or two small side matches with payouts. The shoot is being planned for August 29, 2015 at Miami Valley Shooting Grounds in Vandalia, OH. I will be volintering at the match and have been searching for matches like this to get an idea of what to plan for but have not found much. Preregistration would be nice to have an idea of the number of shooters but with the format of the event I think it will be open to anyone who shows up throughout the day. Could we squad shooters and send them through every time we fill up a squad. so we could use a single score sheet for each person rather then each person having a seperate sheet at each stage like at GSSF matches. Any advice would be appreciated. It is short notice but what kind of turnout could we expect? Any thoughts on match fee? This will be decided by the range but if I had some imput from people on when known forum like this one, I may be able to show them what would be most appealing to shooters.

Edited by JAF1680