Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your favorite load for the cz 75 shadow

Superpipe9

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been running 147GR Montana Gold CMJ with 3.7GR of VV N320 seated at 1.110" OAL, and CCI #500 primers. Clocks in at around 130PF on the hottest muggy days in both my ACCU shadow and my 75B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.085 OAL, Vihtavuori n320 @ 3.2 grains I believe (I have it documented, but can't remember of the top of my head exactly if it was 3.2 grains), 124 grain Montana Gold JHP

EDIT: CCI primers.

Edited by ftjandra

Neo did you have to ream you barrel for the 160

Nope. The ogive (profile) of that projectile lets you run the longer OAL. I run all my others at 1.1.

Edited by Neomet

Doesn't the 160 gr bullet make the slide feel sluggish?

At the same PF, the heavier the bullet, the "More sluggish" it will feel.

Some LOVE this lack of snappy (sluggish), and others hate it.

Few seem to prefer the 115's at PF 125+. It has been my observation

that real good shooters prefer the "snappiness" of the 124's, but "not

so hot" shooters (like me) prefer a little less snappy (enter the picture

heavier, slower bullets like the 147's).

It's all very personal .... :cheers:

Doesn't the 160 gr bullet make the slide feel sluggish? I can tell a difference between the 135 and 147's. Maybe it's just me but I think it would make the slide feel slow.

Everything feels sluggish coming from 115s out of my Open pistol. :-) "Sluggish" and "Snappy" are interesting, subjective terms. I would recommend checking your times on the clock to see if perception matches reality. I'm not saying it won't but the clock will tell you for sure. Also look at accuracy. In the end feel is probably the least important part of the equation, at least in minor.

Loaded up some Xtreme 165's with 2.9gr. of Titegroup today. My SP-01 Shadow seems to really like them. I also loaded up a few hundred Xtreme 147's with 3.3gr. of Titegroup. The 165's are definitely my preference of the two. I really like the feel of the heavy bullet.

I plan to order up a few recoil springs to play with now. Anyone happen to know what weight the stock Shadow spring is?