Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FIRST TIMER

Ghorsley

I have started to train for USPSA and need a timer. Just something I can track my times with. Basic....no chrono or extra gadgets. Reliable, easy to read and not complicated is a must. I'm old as dirt!

I don't recommend the daa timers. Their batteries are the problem. With others you just have to keep a 9 volt in your bag and you're good to go. The daa are only rechargeable, have to keep an eye on battery power which can be a pain. I've found myself with a dead timer for practice too many times.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I've never been able to find an app that worked half way decent. I use the DAA watch and have had no issues. I keep a usb battery pack in my bag so I can quick charge it if I ever need to. I also recently picked up a used pocket pro but it just sits in my bag. I really got it because the price was right and I'm an RO so it's nice to have a spare on hand.

I started to train for USPSA and need a timer. Just something I can track my times with. Basic....no chrono I'm old as dirt!

I've been "older than dirt" for a few years now, and you do NEED a chrono

if you're reloading and you NEED to reload if you're "training for USPSA". :cheers:

The apps are not that great. Invest in a timer. The Pact Club timer is a no frills good timer.

Durable too. Easy to use, and for others to use too. One battery lasts a year on mine at least.

This timer sounds like a sick goose when it goes off:

ced800t1.gif

This timer gave really weird split times:

966974.jpg

So I would try this one:

CompElectShotTimer.jpg

or the smaller CED:

ced7000_shot_timers_ced7000_shot_timer.j

The Pocket Pro is my favorite, durable, easy to use, good match timer too. CED 8000 I had and couldn't stand, it gave up the ghost and I was happy, bought the pocket pro from a member, and have been happy enough with it to buy another.