Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Times/score for each stage of classifier for expert/master ?

Is there a listing or publication somewhere that would list the times and or scores that one should shoot for for each stage of the qualifier for expert or master rating ? Example - It looks like experts can shoot the stage one Mogadishu at around 1.7 sec. with no points down and a master should be able to complete the same stage at around 1.5 sec. with no points down. Anything listed anywhere for all the other stages to give me something to shoot for in my practice sessions ?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

My limits are 25 seconds total for stage 1. 30 seconds total for stage 2. 35 seconds total for stage 3.

If at any time I go over this I stop and start over as I know the run won't be under 90 seconds in total. In private I'm happy with anything around 75-80. In public and on the clock 85 is totally acceptable.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
5 hours ago, Lnxgeek said:

Does anyone have similar info for the 5x5 classifier?
I need to shave 3 seconds to make Expert

Take the score you shot and figure where the 3 seconds needs to come from. Faster draw, faster reload, less points down, faster splits, etc. I think it is important to shoot the 5x5 with no points down or very close. It's pretty easy to double your score with points down. Don't ask me how I know this. :(

From my experience you should be shooting the 5x5 with only one or two points down at most. Because of the brevity of each string the proportional effect of a point down is to great. And it's only 10 yards away on a single, open target for goodness sake.

String times, shooting no points down. These total 19.5 seconds or a MA time in any division. Add one second to each string for EX.

string 1. 3.0 seconds

string 2. 4.50 seconds

string 3. 8 seconds

string 4.  4 seconds.

So step one, first be able to shoot it at any speed with zero points down. If you can't do that no need to move on. Keep working your accuracy component.

Step two, your draw to first shot. There is no vest requirement so practice your draw without it. Getting your first shot in 1.40 seconds or better, always a zero hit.

Step three. Shoot a lot of bill drills. You will get the grip, timing and sight tracking needed to do well at the 5x5. Strive for less than 3 seconds, zero points down, traditional bill drill of 6 rounds at 7 yards.

If you can't do those things then you're not an expert.

Edited by rowdyb