Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 1050 Autodrive

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im gonna load a years supply of 40 minor and 40 major short...

Last time I did that I whished I didn't.

Haha I can belive that, but Ive got the same lot powder, bullets, and press hasnt been adjusted in last 40.000+ rounds, since I mostly shoot open, not standard, I shouldn need more than 10-20k loaded rounds I guess.

When it is time to fill primers, just hit "stop" fill primer and the hit go. No reason to complete the stroke. I just stop mine when it is in the down position.

Changing the speed of the shellplate index is worth the extra $1600 alone. I am loading super comp with 10.5 of 3n38. Manually I would have powder everywhere after 1k rounds.

I loaded 4k last weekend and there were maybe 3 specs of powder on the shellplate and that was at 1800 rph.

There are some decent auto drives on the market, there are none that offer the features of the Mk7. It's not even close IMO

Thats some great tips, and feedback, thank you sir. what do you use for dwell and index setting in that video?

When it is time to fill primers, just hit "stop" fill primer and the hit go. No reason to complete the stroke. I just stop mine when it is in the down position.

Changing the speed of the shellplate index is worth the extra $1600 alone. I am loading super comp with 10.5 of 3n38. Manually I would have powder everywhere after 1k rounds.

I loaded 4k last weekend and there were maybe 3 specs of powder on the shellplate and that was at 1800 rph.

There are some decent auto drives on the market, there are none that offer the features of the Mk7. It's not even close IMO

Thats some great tips, and feedback, thank you sir. what do you use for dwell and index setting in that video?

I will check tonight to be sure, but I think the dwell is 0 and the index is 3 or 4. Cuts the "real" production rate to about 1760 RPH when set at 1800rph.

I had to spend some time with the flare an make it a little bigger than I ran manually to keep bullets from tipping. I also had to and tighten the shellplate a little bit.

Runs 100% now.

I will check tonight to be sure, but I think the dwell is 0 and the index is 3 or 4. Cuts the "real" production rate to about 1760 RPH when set at 1800rph.

I had to spend some time with the flare an make it a little bigger than I ran manually to keep bullets from tipping. I also had to and tighten the shellplate a little bit.

Runs 100% now.

I have insanely little flare, and very little bullethold as I load mine to just over 30mm, (1.181 inches) and the 124gr frontier match bullets are shorter than say rainer. Its all a very sharp edge to walk, I currently load 9 major on the 650, eventhough I have 4x 1050s... :o powder spillage is one of the reasons for that

my backup plan is just a GSI toolhead, as it seats on the upstroke.

how long have you had your unit?

Edited by ano

Runs 100% now.

I have insanely little flare, and very little bullethold as I load mine to just over 30mm, (1.181 inches) and the 124gr frontier match bullets are shorter than say rainer. Its all a very sharp edge to walk, I currently load 9 major on the 650, eventhough I have 4x 1050s... :o powder spillage is one of the reasons for that

my backup plan is just a GSI toolhead, as it seats on the upstroke.

how long have you had your unit?

I have had the 1050's for about 3 years. I have had the Mk7 about a month and a half.

This is 1800 rounds per hour. 38 Supercomp with 10.5 VV 3n38 with a Precision Delta 124 JHP. I tried to show how full the case is and how little powder spillage.

http://vid638.photobucket.com/albums/uu106/shadyscott999/Mk7_zpswzvebbhr.mp4

Scott, What is your brass prepping process for this machin

I dry tumble in corncob for about an hour the spritz the brass with a little home made case lube. That is it. Fill everything up and hit the go button.

Got the Mark 7 last night.. the packaging alone is super high end. Very cut and dry install, had strokes in no time. Seeing one first hand now is really impressive. Now I can load more in a more consistent fashion and keep my ammo hungry father at bay. Doing the whole 223 processing setup now. Having the dwell adjustment with the trimmer is so very important. I'll report back after a caliber exchange and extinguishing all my reloading components... I do see my projectile stock vanishing soon.

I think the idea was to show that the machine stops instantly in the event of a stoppage. Not to imply that you don't have a bent decapping pin but rather that you don't have a broken machine or worse :) Those of us who have used other auto drives can't attest to that...

I think the idea was to show that the machine stops instantly in the event of a stoppage. Not to imply that you don't have a bent decapping pin but rather that you don't have a broken machine or worse :) Those of us who have used other auto drives can't attest to that...

Ive done worse than the video, with just arm strength, so yes... ;)

Mine seems to be in customs right now, so yay!

Product looks amazing, heavy as hell, super packing, I arrived at post place, just as the truck arrived, the outer packing had taken a beating, the inner was untouched and perfect.

Amazing how heavy base was, but it all looks good, machineing looks damn good. I had to go out the entire evning, but Im gonna finish up and remove a 650 on the bench to give room after Im done with work.

Are you also Norwegian? I used jetcarrier, ended up 1290NOK took exactly a week from mark7 shipped to them before I had it here.

I got the unit up and running, at digital clutch 2, I get some stops at bottom of stroke, I suspect brass needing swageing, at 3, I get no stops. To get going, hitting run solves it, it would be cool to get a warning saying "digital clutch stopped the unit" so you dont have to guess, but it is pretty easy to guess.

Ironicly what took me some time was getting non metric tools in 9/16 I belive it was.. I had every tool, except for the one to fasten motor and senter spindel mount.. which was 1 bigger than the set I bought up front upon reading manual.

In videos/manual they keep reffering to powering down, to put fingers in the press, to clear if anything jams, but they also say you have to calibrate every time you power it? does it keep log if you dont power off pad? whats the deal?

Even at 1800 its supersmooth, but its just to fast for me, video shows 1800 and 900, I found 1200 and even 1500 was nice, at 1500 I could stop with no problem for upside down bullet, and also when a 10mm brass got in there.

Edited by ano

congrats ano. :) I'm envious. it certainly looks to be the nicest autodrive mass produced to date.

has anyone tested the actual rates? it looks so slow at 900 an hour. even the 1800 speed doesn't look that fast.

I guess 100 rounds per 3 min is not that fast, it's nearly 2 seconds per complete stroke and 900 gives 3.6 seconds per full stroke which is quite a long time. :)

This thing is a machine (pun intended) the key is smoothnes, and going fast where it should, and slow where it should

Here it loads almost 100 rounds before phone rings...

Its like watchingg thoose pause fishes on tv, or watching a fire.. its just so nice to watch

Edited by ano