Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 1050 Autodrive

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you post one you made? A few pictures or video would be better.....cool! Thanks!

Sure.

All stuff I've made, but, I'm no MIT engineer, mind you.

Touché.

Pretty awesome stuff. Imagine how awesome it could have been if you had been to MIT!

Couple of issues with MIT. One, the money. Two, like Einstein, I never excelled in school as a youth. I did recently go back to upgrade my business degree from an associates to a bachelors. The original 2-yr GPA was 2.75. The upgrade was 4.0. I attribute that to life experiences more so than good study habits, and pretty much, outside of history classes, didn't learn jack crap.

Almost forgot. I made this for brass annealing.

IMG_0731_zps6c18d7ea.jpg

And, shortly, I'll be making a machine to sort out small/large primer pockets on .45 ACP.

In any serious organization MIT grads are dime a dozen. Much more scarce, and in demand, are people who can actually make things work - like Brassaholic13. The MIT grads usually wait in line to get their access to them.

Edited by Foxbat

Ya know, I got to thinking about what would impress me from an MIT engineer. I would be impressed by a pair of robotic arms, one grabbing cases, and another grabbing dies, with a series of shell holders in front of them. The first arm would grab a case from a bin of mixed caliber brass, identify it, inspect it, and put it in the correct shell holder. The second arm would then grab the correct dies and powder measure and fully process and load the brass. In the mean time, the first arm that grabbed the case would be grabbing the correct bullet to insert, and finally drop the completed round into the correct bin.

THAT would impress me.

Having an award for engineering myself from the college I graduated from, I am not bashing on engineers. That said, a sheet of paper or title to ones name doesn't create things.

I have seen many things in my life created by people without degrees and more than a few "fails" created by some that have them.

I see good things in the design and things that could have been made better.

Someone please invent something to pick up brass on a range with lots of Gravel :-)

I've been picking up brass from gravel for 40 years. :surprise:

Is that supposed to be a resume for the job, Jack? :roflol:

Someone please invent something to pick up brass on a range with lots of Gravel :-)

I've been picking up brass from gravel for 40 years. :surprise:
Is that supposed to be a resume for the job, Jack? :roflol:

I doubt anyone would hire a 70 year old to pick up brass -

or do much of anything else. :angry2:

But, I'm still picking up brass (usually on my hands and knees)

from grass, gravel, sand and muck (although I have been

refraining from picking up from mud lately).

We old guys who were raised in the 50's, and our parents

went thru the Real Depression - can't stand to throw anything

away.

I have a lifetime (don't forget, I'm 70) supply of brass, and

I still can't leave it on the ground. :surprise:

If the gravel weighs more than the brass this one will work.

IMG00293.jpg

Will also pick up from cracks, dirt and leaves go all the way through, better than other methods.

The bag a nut works ok if the ground is flat.

IMG00295.jpg

The nut wizard will get a few more but still needs level ground.

IMG00296.jpg

My brassvac gets it all.

IMG00299.jpg

Will also pick up pecans and mulch the leaves at the same time. ;)

• 5 months later...

Just got my Mark 7 this weekend. Took me a whole 13 minutes to set up and start loading ammo. The thing is silly easy to setup and use. I did have to tweak my Mr. Bulletfeeder flare a bit to stop bullets from tipping at 1500 rph which is probably the realistic max (for me anyway) when loading supercomp.
I think the biggest advantage of this system is the plug and play aspect and the nearly limitless expansion capability. Using SD cards you can easily upgrade the firmware and add features as they are released.

Another overlooked advantage on the Mk7 is that it can be used with both the RL1050 and the Super. The chain drive systems that I am aware of cannot be use with the RL's.

Another overlooked advantage on the Mk7 is that it can be used with both the RL1050 and the Super. The chain drive systems that I am aware of cannot be use with the RL's.

That is the disadvantage to the rotary is that they pretty much change a Super into an RL but yes Craig makes them for both.