Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
gng4life

BOSS Holster and Spacers - Which one for Production?

So I'm looking at purchasing a BOSS Holster for the SP01 to use in Production. What is the longest spacer I can get and still be within the 2" limit? Thanks for any feedback.

Just an idea, those spacers look like minimal cost parts so can't you include all of them with each holster? This would help the shooter pick and choose as they need to for their setup and discipline. Thanks

The ones that comes with the kit gives about 1 3/4 ......I guess they wanted to play sfe

Mj

That's just it, on the website it doesn't "come" with one, you have to select 1/4, 1/2, or 3/4 and I have no idea which one would work. What are the spacers made of? Are they easy to cut down if needed?

The spacers are made of plastic.

You should email the shop directly. I think you could ask for two sets of spacers.

Choose the 1/2 inch. It will put you very close to the 2 inch max.

DC3923F3-4CED-41E2-9AA8-C33BD1A644C1.jpg

Sounds great Ben and eboadway! Will put an order in today. Thanks

Well, got turned down. Going to look at other holster options...thanks for the replies though.

They turned you down on extra spacers?

I am a little confused why they would refuse to sell you extra spacers. The spacers/screws list on the site separately from the holster for 5 dollars.

Sorry about that.

Oh, we got it straightened out...Tim wrote me back and we're good, should be on the way tomorrow I hope...

What is the story on the spacers? It says they recommend measuring the spacing of the gun to the belt. Is that after you blindly pick and receive a spacer length? What are the different sizes intended for?

So, I'm told that most USPSA firearms in this holster setup will normally use a 1/2". The 3/4" was intended for other disciplines such as 3G, etc., and the 1/4" is just there in case the 1/2" does not make the cut. I still don't know how anyone would figure that out without it all in front of you but Tim was very helpful. Along with the spacers, the screws are cut to the proper length so you would have to get the screws also or get the longest one and cut it down if you went shorter with the spacer. There is an additional hardware kit for the holster and mount with a single spacer size (you can only pick one size again for each kit ordered), correct screws for it and other screws for the setup. Again, you are taking a chance if you just get one size and then find out too late that it will not be within regulation. I will not shoot a match unless I know for sure my equipment meets the divisional criteria so I wanted to make sure I have the right things to shoot in my match next week.

Again, this is for Ben, please look into just throwing in the spacers and screws so it's one less thing to worry about for the end user. Even if you went up on price a few dollars, I really doubt anyone would complain but it's just one less thing to worry about - for you and the shooters.