Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More C3 1-6x24 Competition Rifle Scope?

jkrispies

Picked one up over the holidays from optics planet (thanks to JT for the 12% discount code). Finally got it mounted and had a chance to work with it for some close range drills.

On the plus side the dot was bright and the part of the recticle I needed for shooting at short range was clean and uncluttered. It was very sharp and I didn't notice a lot of distortion even near the edges.

On the minus side the head position was more critical than the 1-6 vortex razor I have used. The glass was good but in opinion not quite as good as the vortex (maybe the vortex glass was 5% better if I had to put a number on it. Maybe if someone has a resolution test target they could get empirical data).

It seems to be lighter than the vortex but I neglected to weight it before I mounted it, so who knows? For me the real proof will be when I get a chance to stretch it out and see how it does.

Now I just need to fire up the machine tools and cut myself a throw lever for it..

MGM has a throw lever that will work, Call them and they can tell you which one it is.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is an old thread, but how are people feeling about this scope these days?

I've got an opportunity to maybe pick a new one up for $500, and I have a couple year old Burris MTAC 1-4 i'd be upgrading from.

I'm thinking it's a no brainer at that price and what I'm moving up from. 

thoughts?

thanks

Bob

Jarett posted a 50% off code on his Facebook at the beginning of the year. Not sure if it's good anymore though.  Might want to verify if its still good and that your optics planet price is better.  Sounds like it is with the gift cards but if its close enough you might want to save your gift cards for something else.  If you do go through optics planet drop tischauser a PM for a discount code.  

according to the cmore website,(putting it in my cart and attempting to check out) it still appears to be good.  I'll have to call them though because I have 3 gift cards and there isn't a way to input them all. So hopefully the don't suddenly recognize the website is in error or something like that.

If it doesn't work, then I'll be getting something else from them that doesn't cost me anything.  I don't have the money to pay retail on that scope, even at double discounted optics planet prices.

I have one that I sighted in and used it in one match.  I would sell mine since I gave up on 3 Gun.  I think the C-More has the best reticle going.  I had the Vortex, but liked the C-More better.

So I found out that Cmore gift cards are, in fact, not really gift cards in the traditional sense.  

They are more like discount code coupons and they cannot be combined with each other, nor can they be used with other codes/offers.  Says it right on the back, which I only noticed after I was about to scratch off the code and call and order.  I still called and verified, and no dice.

So no Cmore 1-6 for me.  I will probably pick up 2 slide rides and 2 bases.  Purchased that way because I have 3 discount cards which have to be used on separate orders which does also mean I'll have to pay shipping 3 times.  Kind of a bummer but I'll end up with 2 railways for $125 out of pocket, so it's still a good deal and I can make use of them.  Just have to decide if its worth paying a little more for the Alum body ones and choose my dot sizes.

• 4 months later...

It's all over the Facebook: code Rudyc3 will get this scope direct from CMore for $800 plus shipping.

Maybe it wasn't worth it at $1400 when the vortex could be had at that price (or less). Is it now a no brainier at $800?

Is it the best available at that price range?

Will vortex and CMore be releasing a 1-8 soon?

Edited by SJan
English is hard

• 1 month later...
and its $908 on Amazon.... something smells fishy.    I am so tempted to buy one though.    Just need some convincing

Did you ever buy the C3? I'm in the market and would like a review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Mercs said:

Did you ever buy the C3? I'm in the market and would like a review

I bought one from C-More on sale $812 shipped. I used it in 2 matches so far and think its the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel. I took it up state this weekend and had no problems hitting steel out to 400yds. The glass is clear and the reticle is right on with Federal 55gr bulk ammo.

I bought one from C-More on sale $812 shipped. I used it in 2 matches so far and think its the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel. I took it up state this weekend and had no problems hitting steel out to 400yds. The glass is clear and the reticle is right on with Federal 55gr bulk ammo.

Thanks much for the reply. I'm stuck between this, and picking up a much lighter gen 1 vx6 for a similar price. I guess if the reticle is much better than the vx6, then that would be the difference. But there's no way for me to see it, no videos online or anything. Does it seem bright? That's one of the vx6 weak points is the fire dot not so bright

I don't think the L7 doesn't have a BDC reticle. I just got a VX6 with CMR2 reticle and Aero mount for $640 on eBay so that was hard to pas up. I like the weight, only con is brightness. The C-more is my favorite reticle and daylight bright, from what I understand, just a bit heavier. However most people are content with Vortex so most aren't worried about weight.

I don't think the L7 doesn't have a BDC reticle. I just got a VX6 with CMR2 reticle and Aero mount for $640 on eBay so that was hard to pas up. I like the weight, only con is brightness. The C-more is my favorite reticle and daylight bright, from what I understand, just a bit heavier. However most people are content with Vortex so most aren't worried about weight.

The L7 is MOA/MOA. BDC isn't going to be accurate across a variety of rounds anyways. I'd rather just have a MOA reticle with MOA adjustments and know my holdovers. Also it's mega bright blue reticle stands out in the blazing sun. Weight is around 20oz, so heavier than Vx6 but lighter than the razor and the C-More. I love the weight on those Vx6s for sure! Other than that, I still have some testing to do with this one.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a C3. I can't believe these scopes aren't more popular. At $815 shipped from C-more these are easily the best value on the market. I've never owned a Razor but in my limited experience with them I'd say the C3 is a direct competitor. I like the C3 reticle way better but thats a personal thing. The lighter weight vs the Razor is noticeable.

4 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

Just got a C3. I can't believe these scopes aren't more popular. At $815 shipped from C-more these are easily the best value on the market. I've never owned a Razor but in my limited experience with them I'd say the C3 is a direct competitor. I like the C3 reticle way better but thats a personal thing. The lighter weight vs the Razor is noticeable.

Show as 1299 when I just checked.  Am I missing something?  Hoping is was on sale for $800 and I still have a $200 coupon.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:31 AM, TonytheTiger said:

+1