Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More C3 1-6x24 Competition Rifle Scope?

jkrispies

I was screwing around in the C-More store and stumbled upon a 1-6x scope that I never heard of from them. http://cmore.com/store/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=C316242LTITJ1I&sid=q4g027zp8t870108785l5re156wk9jpc Anybody have something to share on this? When I zoom in on their reticle diagram, it indicates a 2013 copyright, so... I guess I'm the one who is behind the times on this scope???

Edited by jkrispies

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well your not behind the times.. This Scope just came out to public sale this year. The reticle BDC is designed for 55gr 3150 FPS. and on the left side the rangefinder hashes were designed around USPSA metric targets. Turrets lock in place so you don't bump your zero. Only person I know that was running one was Todd Jarett, I got to put my hands on one but didn't get to put any rounds through it. Its actually a really nice scope but its a tough market place atm.

Edited by DocMedic

TJ designed the reticle. I looked through his at Area 6 MG, and they had a few on the prize table at the Tarheel 3 Gun yesterday. It's the best 3 Gun scope I've seen. Clear, great field of vision, much better reticle than Swarovski, better dot than Leupold, Locking turrets are great. Excellent scope.

I got one of the scopes off the Tarheel table, it looks excellent. Glass is super clear, like Swaro clear (my current scope is a Z6I), and the dot/illumination looks exactly like the Swarovski. The reticle is very fine, which I like for long range targets. My primary complaint about the Swaro is how thick the crosshairs are. If Strelok will add this reticle I'll be very happy.

Edited by amccallister

Unfortunately it's way out of my price range, but I'd like to hear some long-term reports from users. The reticle and ranger look good. I hope the dot is daylight bright. I know C-more makes good stuff, so I hope this works out for them. If I had $2k to spend on a scope, I'd certainly give it consideration.

The dot is beyond daylight bright. I don't think I'll ever need to turn it all the way up, it will get super bright at the higher settings.

Will it go dark enough to be usable for night shoots?
I think so. I'll try it out in my garage when I get home from work today.

I got to play with the one Bushmaster folks had mounted on their demo gun at Tarheel. The glass is nice, the illumination is nice, the reticle is nice.

However I'm not sure it is $2000 nice. To my eyes, the glass was maybe a touch better then a Vortex, the reticle was maybe slightly more useful, the dot was about the same. For me, the only thing that I think would be an improvement over the Vortex I have now is the bit higher density of hashes for elevation in the reticle. The exposed turrets are something I rather not have even if locking.

For my money, it isn't worth the $800 extra over the vortex equivalent. That doesn't not mean that it is not a VERY nice scope

I just looked at the dot in the dark of my closed garage, the reticle will get plenty dim if you so desire. The illumination is an 11 setting knob with an off position between each setting. In the dark, positions 1 and 2 were not visible, and 3 was pretty dim.

I just looked at the dot in the dark of my closed garage, the reticle will get plenty dim if you so desire. The illumination is an 11 setting knob with an off position between each setting. In the dark, positions 1 and 2 were not visible, and 3 was pretty dim.

Damn... it's sounding more and more like C-More did their homework on this one!

• 5 months later...

Thread resurrection- I used this scope in a major match for the first time at FNH. Worked out great, really enjoying the scope so far. I had a plastic throw lever on it, and while it worked ok, it was total garbage compared to a real Switchview. I talked to Jarrett, and he told me the Switchview for the Razor 1-6 would work with a longer screw. I called MGM and they sold me one and included the longer screw, and it works perfectly.post-38966-0-67076800-1443492795_thumb.jpost-38966-0-09246900-1443492817_thumb.j

Man, I really want to try this scope, but there just aren't that many reviews on it. I contacted C-More to ask about the warranty on it, as I didn't see any mention of it, and they stated that it has a limited lifetime warranty. Lifetime warranty, optics from Japan...Should be a nice scope. Quick, someone talk me into it!

Quick, someone talk me into it!

Well I certainly won't talk you out of it. I used the scope again at Fallen Brethren in Texas, a very rifle heavy match. I want to sell my Swaro and buy another C-More. I finished 2nd out of 228, had no problems with any of the many rifle targets, all the way out to 600 yards. The BDC doesn't line up perfectly with my 69 grain load, but with Strelok it doesn't matter. Memorize holds, pull trigger, targets get hit.

Quick, someone talk me into it!

Well I certainly won't talk you out of it. I used the scope again at Fallen Brethren in Texas, a very rifle heavy match. I want to sell my Swaro and buy another C-More. I finished 2nd out of 228, had no problems with any of the many rifle targets, all the way out to 600 yards. The BDC doesn't line up perfectly with my 69 grain load, but with Strelok it doesn't matter. Memorize holds, pull trigger, targets get hit.

Do you think it compares favorably to a Razor JM? That's about the only base-line I have to be able to compare anything to.

Thanks

I have owned a Razor also. With the JM reticle it is a great scope for 3 gun. The C-More has glass that is slightly better in my opinion, and the reticle wins hands down. The addition of 50 yard marks past 400, wind holds, and finer lines throughout make it a better scope for the game, once again in my opinion. It is also super flat and clear on 1x, and has a great daylight visible dot (so does the Vortex). I am in no way affiliated with or supported by C-More, just trying to give honest feedback on the scope. Right now I think the C-More is the best 3 gun scope on the market, it is certainly my favorite of all the ones I've looked through (Swaro, Vortex Razor, VX6, Mark 6, Bushnell, Khales).