Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Best USPSA Production Pistol

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gun that you can shoot the best is the best production gun for you to shoot.

That....

In the striker fired world:

Springfield XDM 5.25, Glock 34, Smith&Wesson M&P Pro, Sig P320, HK VP9, FNS, Walter PPQ (i've never actually seen one at a match, but they are nice guns)

In the Double/Single world:

CZ 75 (shadow, accu, sp01...), Tangfo stock II or stock III, Beretta 92 (I shoot one and it works better than I do), Sig P226, HK P30L Sphinx (I don't know much about these other than they have a good reputation), Grand Power X-caliber (I'm thinking of getting one to try).

Now if only I can find a job I can get one of each....

... Accushadow.

Which one?

Unless something has changed only the AccuShadow is approved, the AccuShadow Lite isn't on the approved gun list.

My bad, I thought the Lite was on there and I saw another on the CZC site that was called a Accu Shadow BLK. In the approved list, it does state some models have longer barrels available so that should make the BLK approved. These seem like great guns - especially for Production.

The gun that you can shoot the best is the best production gun for you to shoot.

That....

Springfield XDM 5.25, Glock 34, Smith&Wesson M&P Pro, Sig P320, HK VP9, FNS, Walter PPQ (i've never actually seen one at a match, but they are nice guns)

CZ 75 (shadow, accu, sp01...), Tangfo stock II or stock III, Beretta 92 (I shoot one and it works better than I do), Sig P226, HK P30L Sphinx (I don't know much about these other than they have a good reputation), Grand Power X-caliber (I'm thinking of getting one to try).

I would drop any Sig and H&K from any sort of competition list. But I can agree with almost everything else here. ;)

That....

I would drop any Sig and H&K from any sort of competition list. But I can agree with almost everything else here. ;)

The SIG P320 is very competitive now and will see additional competition-centric improvements in the near future. It know a guy who just made GM in Production while shooting one and it's proving to absolutely be a platform that can win.

Edited by alma

That....

The SIG P320 is very competitive now and will see additional competition-centric improvements in the near future. It know a guy who just made GM in Production while shooting one and it's proving to absolutely be a platform that can win.

That would be nice to see. Sigs and HK's have an extremely weak aftermarket despite their popularity.

Only can be determined experimentally. Gather up the top 20 firearm model candidates, shoot each one 1000 rounds for familiarization and break in. Then shoot an easy, medium, hard and long stage each a minimum ofthree times (better would be 10+) with each gun in random order. Determine overall mean time for each stage then calculate mean and range for each gun by stage. Determine deviation from grand mean for each gun by stage.

Evaluate the best guns to determine why they are best, mod all guns to emulate those "best" features and perform a typical slick up / tune up / tweek and repeat the stage runs and calculations / evaluations.

Then (finally) perform a best known set of mods to each and repeat the tests.

Naturally, all failures during all runs would be tracked and incorporated into the final evaluation.

Oh, each gun would need to be provided in calibers 9, 38s and 40 with ammo provided in major and minor. That would tell you what model is "best" in each caliber in box stock, typical modded and fully modded condition.

But, that result would only be totally valid for the shooter that performed the evaluation. So, the whole thing would need to be repeated with 30+ different shooters.

But nobody wants to know that bad! Do they?

Only can be determined experimentally. Gather up the top 20 firearm model candidates, shoot each one 1000 rounds for familiarization and break in. Then shoot an easy, medium, hard and long stage each a minimum ofthree times (better would be 10+) with each gun in random order. Determine overall mean time for each stage then calculate mean and range for each gun by stage. Determine deviation from grand mean for each gun by stage.

Evaluate the best guns to determine why they are best, mod all guns to emulate those "best" features and perform a typical slick up / tune up / tweek and repeat the stage runs and calculations / evaluations.

Then (finally) perform a best known set of mods to each and repeat the tests.

Naturally, all failures during all runs would be tracked and incorporated into the final evaluation.

Oh, each gun would need to be provided in calibers 9, 38s and 40 with ammo provided in major and minor. That would tell you what model is "best" in each caliber in box stock, typical modded and fully modded condition.

But, that result would only be totally valid for the shooter that performed the evaluation. So, the whole thing would need to be repeated with 30+ different shooters.

But nobody wants to know that bad! Do they?

So basically either a Glock 34, SP01 Shadow, or Tanfoglio Stock2/3 then? ;)