Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Labradar Chrongraph first impression.

I was fortunate enough to get a test unit of the new Labradar chrono last week and was able to take it to the indoor range over the weekend and test it out. My first thoughts are this thing really impressed me, even though I had some high expectations from such a long wait. It was easy to set up and adjust. I didn't have any trouble using it on the range with other people shooting as well (there are adjustments for this). The only thing that I noticed was it missed a few of the velocities down range every now and then. I am going to get out this week after work and try it with rifle and bow to see how it performs with them. I know the price is going to be up there on these $560 I think but it is loaded with features and is by far the easiest chrono to use. No waiting for the line to clear to set up and adjust your chrono. No shooting the screens off etc.

post-38549-0-39386000-1428937554_thumb.j

We took it out last night and shot rifles with it and learned a few things. It seems to do better at picking up longer ranges with newer batteries in the unit. Also it will do 30 Cal boatails to somewhere around 80-90 yds. and 22 Cal boatails somewhere around 50yds or so. I did have to make some adjustments for 22 LR. we set it to Handgun velocity and Doppler trigger and it worked perfectly. Also go figure the batteries had died from the unit being left on so I plugged it in the 12V micro USB phone charger in the truck and it ran flawlessly. I have heard that they should be available sometime around July. I am sure that a few changes in the firmware from these first test units will be made that should make them even better. From what I have been told they should be available sometime around July.

Does it have a printer like the Oehler 35P ???

I've got a 35P and am interested in the Labradar but I signed up for information when they first hit the forum and have never heard anything back from them.

No printer but you can hook the unit or the SD card into your computer and download all of the shot data into an Excel spread sheet. Very easy to read and analyze your data this way.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You would think that they might update their website every once in a while (just copy and pasted today):

Thank you for your interest in our product.

LabRadar will be available in Fall 2014.

Subscribe to our priority list to receive updated
information and presale offers for LabRadar.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like it will finally be available!

TCK, LLC the exclusive distributors for LabRadar has recently received the first shipment. These units have all been sold to shooters, forensic centers, law enforcement agencies and writers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Infinition, Inc., the manufacturer of LabRadar anticipates another shipment to TCK in early October. These units will be sold on a first come, first serve basis to individuals and all authorized dealers in the U.S and Canada. You can now complete your pre-order on our website www.buymylabradar.com. Credit cards will not be charged until the units are ready to ship. PayPal payments are charged immediately.

Orders from other countries will not be accepted at this time, but sales to other countries will follow soon.

Infinition, Inc. will be updating their website www.mylabradar.com soon.

All questions should be directed to info@mylabradar.com or 316-866-2525 (8-5, M-F, CST)

Best regards,

Richard Mouser

Exclusive Distributor for LabRadar

info@mylabradar.com

www.mylabradar.com

• 4 months later...

Any updates on the LabRadar?

Still appears to be a mythological creature, with backorders still being accepted.... both from the manufacture, as well as MidwayUSA.

Really interested, and would love to hear anything people with hands on knowledge might be willing to share?

~g

Edited by safeactionjackson

I received mine last week. It's awesome. Very easy to setup and use. It was great not having to screw around with screens or worry about lighting conditions. One thing to consider: it eats AA batteries. Get a Li Ion USB battery pack and be merry.

As a frame of reference, I preordered mine with Long Range Hunters in the middle of February '15. I got it around 12/15/15. I have a serial number in the low 2000s. They'll be pumping out more into 2016. Get on a list now. My guess is after SHOT the orders are going to explode.

The 55gr .223 issues have been fixed mostly with firmware. I think there is still some sensitivity with certain bullet shapes (Litz saw cheap 55gr bullets with dished bottoms having radar reflectivity issues). There are some good threads up on Snipers Hide, Accurate Shooter and Long Range Hunting forums.

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index.php?topic=3886634.0

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index.php?topic=3888631.msg36664614#msg36664614

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index.php?topic=3871199.15 (check out post #28 from Bryan Litz)

I saw one in use at my range a couple of weeks ago. The owner was very happy with it and I put in my order with Labradar the next day for an anticipated April delivery. Can I justify it? Not really...but I can say the same thing about a lot of things.

From their website: Not sure if the firmware has anything to do with distances.

What range performance can one expect with LabRadar?
In general LabRadar will typically measure the velocity of a 7.62 mm projectile from muzzle up to 100 yards. After extensive testing of a variety of calibers you can expect to obtain velocities at these distances when in the Standard Power Mode. Low Power setting will have about 30% less tracking*.
.177 Pellet - 30 yards;
.177 BB - 30 yards;
22 LR - 60 yards;
223 - 60 yards;
270 - 70 yards;
308 - 80 to 100 yards;
9mm - 130 yards;
40 S&W - 130 yards;
45 ACP - 130 yards;
500 S&W - 130 yards;
12 gauge Slug - 90 yards;
Paint Ball - 50 yards;
Arrows - 50 yards;
* Since every bullet has a different profile your results may vary. In general, the larger the base (excluding the boat tail) the great the distance the projectile can be acquired.

we used one at the Canadian IPSC Nationals this year, while cool, I think the time delay it has in providing the velocity was annoying. I think for long range rifle use and similar it is useful, but for pistol (unless for long range) I don't see any value at all.

we used one at the Canadian IPSC Nationals this year, while cool, I think the time delay it has in providing the velocity was annoying. I think for long range rifle use and similar it is useful, but for pistol (unless for long range) I don't see any value at all.

How much of a delay are we talking about approximately? Is there a setting that can changed to register faster shot readings?

Sent from the range

• 3 weeks later...