Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So what happened to doodie?

Funny, I think I only visited the site a few times to see who was bashing who at the moment. It was pretty out of control and kind of dumb. Now, I would really like to be able to access it just to see what took it over the top. :goof:

I used to belong to a message board that would frequently go dark towards the end of a month when they had used up their bandwidth.

If Ben doesn't feel it is worth having that is cool but it would be nice if he would announce that it is gone for good. Edit: if it is gone for good.

Edited by Pasley

If Ben doesn't feel it is worth having that is cool but it would be nice if he would announce that it is gone for good. Edit: if it is gone for good.

I have been posting updates on facebook. As things stand now I anticipate the forum returning to operation with all the data intact withing the next 48 hours. The hosting has been moved to an offshore site. The host has assured me that they will discard any frivolous legal threats they receive.

I have been posting updates on facebook. As things stand now I anticipate the forum returning to operation with all the data intact withing the next 48 hours. The hosting has been moved to an offshore site. The host has assured me that they will discard any frivolous legal threats they receive.

Yes!!!!! Thanks Ben!

From what I can tell: Brett Russo, currently employed as the Social Media Director for Blade-Tech, was personally unhappy with some post on the Doodie Forum (surprise surprise). Brett failed in an attempt to coerce Ben into erasing it. Brett then decided to escalate by threatening the hosting provider for the Doodie Project and was successful in getting the provider to take the entire forum down.

Ben published Brett's communications and threats on The Doodie Project Facebook page. The howler monkeys from Doodie Forum and The Doodie Project are now very angry, and Brett is getting howled at and pelted with a lot of Doodie. Someone (perhaps the Social Media Director) has been cleansing less than positive posts hitting the Blade-Tech Facebook page.

Good drama, but an employee taking down a competitive shooting forum - even Doodie - is definitely the kind of negative publicity / social media exposure that Blade-Tech would be wise to avoid.

Edited by Beastly

[quote name="Beastly" post="2325182" timestamp="1422514197

Good drama, but an employee taking down a competitive shooting forum - even Doodie - is definitely the kind of negative publicity / social media exposure that Blade-Tech would be wise to avoid.

Kind of like this forum should avoid people trying to destroy a man's livelihood because he didn't like a particular gun builder on another forum?