Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage design contest, win $100 gift card.

Sac Law Man

Hi all, In Oct, the Sacramento Defensive Pistol Shooters will be hosting a Tier 4 regional IDPA championshop called "The Western" on Oct 3-4. . The match will consist of 14 stages, approx 200 rounds and be shot over two days. We are anticipating 250 shooters. As the MD, I am holding a contest for the best stage/scenario design. One winner will be choosen towards the end of March and will receive a $100 gift card. Rules are simple.

1. You may send as many submissions as you want.

2. Match staff is not eligible

3. You do not have to be an IDPA member or shooting in the match to enter.

4. The match staff reserves the right to alter or use any (except the winner) stage submitted. (Any stage we use will be credited to whoever submitted it)

5. Please follow IDPA rules.

Send your entries to IDPAwestern@outlook.com

Good Luck!

Signups fo the match will start in April or May.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I received about 15 stages in all, pretty disappointing actually. Unfortunately, we did not select any that were submitted. There were a few I liked, but the other person helping me decide (much more of a traditionalist) did not like them. Thank you for all those who took the time to design and submit stages, I appreciate it.

John

Daytona, I am not sure I received any from Google drive. I checked the email acct just now and did not see anything. If the error was on my end I apologize. Thanks for submitting. As you can see from the amount of responses on this post, the idea sounded good, but was not to popular with others..

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa whoa whoa, hang on there. I'm just now hearing this, didn't enter or would have cared to, but WTF just happened?

So you posted up a contest where someone WAS (definitively, not possibly, but clearly) going to be selected as the winner and receive $100. That statement and offer had nothing to do with any caveat of having to be selected to be included in the COF for your little match.

You said and I quote, "I am holding a contest for the best stage/scenario design. One winner will be choosen towards the end of March and will receive a $100 gift card."

Nowhere in your five simple rules did it say anything about if you weren't satisfied you could disregard all entries and renege on your cash offer. So you owe $100 to the best stage out of the ones submitted, regardless of what your little club decided to do with their COF

Am I misreading something in this simple written contract or did this guy just welch out of his commitment and stiff somebody out of $100 because he decided not to keep his word and lied about the contest?

Edited by KSwift

KSwift I am glad you got it all figured out... A winner was going to be chosen only if their stage was selected for the match.. We didn't choose any of the ones submitted. No one got stiffed.. If I wanted to stiff someone I could have easily said Joe Blow won and no one would know any different. Oh, and one more thing.. regarding your reference to our, "little club".. I am not sure where you shoot,, backwoods KY maybe, but we average 120 shooters per match, and The Western sold out (250 shooters) in less then two weeks.. No go troll somewhere else..

Edited by Sac Law Man