Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington V3

pcs352

What is now being said about the V3 is the same I can say about my Versamax. And truthfully in three years it has never malfunctioned. The V3 will have to bring out some bigger stuff to change me. I feel the VM may be the last shotgun I buy.

:cheers:

Looks like the biggest feature was the lighter weight with the same or less recoil of the VersaMax. That's quite a feat. Hope it doesn't shoot slugs out of the box like the Versa!. The only thing I saw that i didn't like was the forearm lip behind the port... looked like a nightmare for quad-loaders.... it looked like a wall.

Should make some interesting tactical models with folding stocks and shorter barrels.

Edited by roxymajor

The internals look completely different to the VM, so we won't be able to rely on Benelli to supply higher-quality spare parts :devil: . I like the sound of the locking carrier though - if it works anything like that of the Benelli Nova, it could significantly ease loading. The $895 MSRP mentioned in the article is almost half that of the VM ($1427 for the synthetic), so hopefully the street price will be very competitive.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

If this is slightly better then the Versa Max, does this mean they would discontinue the Versa Max line? If the MSRP is actually suppose to be $895 then it's pointless to keep the Versa Max line.

If this is slightly better then the Versa Max, does this mean they would discontinue the Versa Max line? If the MSRP is actually suppose to be $895 then it's pointless to keep the Versa Max line.

I doubt they would discontinue the Versamax unless they come out with a 3.5 inch version of the new gun.

I just bought a Versa Max Tactical for $985 and after the Remington rebate it comes down to $885. But i'm feeling a slight buyers remorse after seeing this one.

You'll be chasing your tail for a long time if every new gun with a few gizmos makes you envious. I don't think anything about the new V3 will add up to reduced stage times vs. your Versamax. I barely look at new guns now that my 3 gun arsenal is complete. I guess you could say I'm a big fan of PK's motto.

Since I acquired a TTI M2 which puts slugs right on POA without the need for a rear blade sight, my Versa Max is going back to Remington.

The VM has never shot or patterned like it should, it's always high and right.

Slugs, buck, birdshot all the same. I even had a blade sight dovetailed into the vent rib. It has to be pushed so far left to get center hits it's barely in the dovetail.

I even dropped the money on a new barrel , no change. Which is really sad because it's a really soft shooting gun.

It's been a huge disappointment.

Edited by Willz

The internals look completely different to the VM, so we won't be able to rely on Benelli to supply higher-quality spare parts :devil: . I like the sound of the locking carrier though - if it works anything like that of the Benelli Nova, it could significantly ease loading. The $895 MSRP mentioned in the article is almost half that of the VM ($1427 for the synthetic), so hopefully the street price will be very competitive.

It does not. It's locked up via a separate piece that must be manually actuated. That component also serves another purpose related to loading and unloading.

• 1 year later...

I'm not seeing anything that's going to make a difference in 3 gun so I'm just going to continue shooting my VMT

Now if it said "Remington's new shotgun will have the auto-load feature of an A5"... Now that I would get excited about

• 2 months later...

I probably would have bought one of these instead of my Versamax if they had been out at the time. It seems to be just a shortened, lighter Versamax in my mind. I don't really see a huge difference in practice though and am not going to be selling mine anytime soon...